Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to raise awareness in the region.
Hi all, 

Most of you probably recognize me by now, as I've been an active member on this forum for a good amount of time. 

While this is incredibly sad news and I'm sorry to bring it here, I figured this was the best place that I knew of to ask. 

A quick note on myself, I am only 18, and just graduated school. My whole family also lived overseas in Hong Kong for 5 years. My brother was 15 and he had incredible entrepreneurial spirit. Case and point, he wanted to drop out of highschool and become a businessman, despite his 90+ average. He, on his own volition, was opening a retail store at the cambridge center called mask depot. The point of the business was to use our direct connections to people back in China, to offer people safe, high quality medical grade masks, while also offering various colours and sizes etc.  

The store was his child, his project. It was set to open this Tuesday, but unfortunately last night he passed away. I don't, have words, or understand why or how, but it was the immediate consensus of my family that we needed to go through with opening the store for him. 

It will be impossible to run now as planned, and we will need ample help and not necessarily have the resources needed to pay for that help, given all 4 of us were going to do most of the work without any form of payment. 

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any ways to raise awareness, and help find volunteers and other people who would be willing to give their time to help open and run the store until Christmas, as was our plan. 

Again if anyone knows of any avenue or person who could help pulling this off, it would be the most greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Nathaniel.

I am so sorry for your loss, Nathaniel. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Nathaniel,

I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

As for finding volunteers: that sounds difficult. I would suspect that existing service groups might be more likely to work than the Internet: https://www.cambridge.ca/en/parks-recrea...tions.aspx. The Internet isn't so great at motivating people to show up in person at a thing, whereas service groups may be.
(10-25-2020, 06:15 PM)plam Wrote: Nathaniel,

I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

As for finding volunteers: that sounds difficult. I would suspect that existing service groups might be more likely to work than the Internet: https://www.cambridge.ca/en/parks-recrea...tions.aspx. The Internet isn't so great at motivating people to show up in person at a thing, whereas service groups may be.
No this is excellent thank you. I was looking for leads more than anything. Thank you so much
Nathaniel, I'm truly and deeply sorry for the loss of your brother. I can't imagine how this must feel.

I hope you can get the help you need to make your brothers dream a reality.
I am so sorry for your loss.

I'd agree with the other posters that looking for volunteers on the internet won't work.... my first thought was a charity (Goodwill/Salvation Army) that may provide people in need of employment... but I'm sure some sort of remuneration would be required.

Coke
Try reaching out to The Working Centre? https://www.theworkingcentre.org/

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »