Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Modern house designs
Friedensreich Hundertwasser was an interesting guy. A total outside artist, the sort of person you can't tell if they're a genius or schizophrenic heh. Oddly I do like his work even though it is the antithesis of my own design philosophy, just because he dared to be so bold with his creations. But it is a bit hard to take him seriously. His career saw him go from being in the Hitler Youth, to spearheading ecological conservation movements, to hating the European Union and wishing to retvrn to monarchy yet when you look at his design you would immediately assume he was some sort of far left 60s era hippy from Slab City or something.

(10-03-2015, 06:47 PM)BuildingScout Wrote: This forum is to post new house designs that might serve as inspiration to local builders.

Modernist homes are virtually the norm in the Netherlands. I've heard some criticise the architecture here, but I find it really astonishing the variety and boldness of the housing designs around.

Even homes which are.... perhaps architecturally less interesting still incorporate significant interesting design elements (large casement windows, single loaded corridors in apartment buildings, high quality materials and concrete construction)
There's a nice example at the corner of Claremont and Earl in Kitchener. Architect from Ottawa, I believe.
(06-13-2023, 03:57 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Modernist homes are virtually the norm in the Netherlands. I've heard some criticise the architecture here, but I find it really astonishing the variety and boldness of the housing designs around.

Even homes which are.... perhaps architecturally less interesting still incorporate significant interesting design elements (large casement windows, single loaded corridors in apartment buildings, high quality materials and concrete construction)

In BC interior, too, modern house designs are very common.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »