Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish and chips
(09-23-2020, 03:00 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Forget that building, work the King Fish and Chips into the project.  This place has arguably the best fish and chips in town,

Creating a new thread...

I've never actually tried King Fish and Chips despite passing near there all the time to get to the climbing gym.

What about Granny Bonn's? Has been my favourite.

(In NZ it seems like fish and chips is super dominant as fried food. Sometimes chicken and chips.)

(09-23-2020, 05:40 PM)Ooplam Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:00 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Forget that building, work the King Fish and Chips into the project.  This place has arguably the best fish and chips in town,

Creating a new thread...

I've never actually tried King Fish and Chips despite passing near there all the time to get to the climbing gym.

(In NZ it seems like fish and chips is super dominant as fried food. Sometimes chicken and chips.)
In NZ, that would be “fesh and cheps”, no?  Smile
My favorite around here is Stoyles in Cambridge (Galt). Bit of a trek through from Waterloo without a car. Haven't tried King, but may give them a try. (Are they on UE?)
I would be surprised if they are on Uber eats. They are a hard working family that provides great quality fish and chips. It is actually worth going in to pickup because it os a step back in time.
(09-23-2020, 05:45 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 05:40 PM)Ooplam Wrote: Creating a new thread...

In NZ, that would be “fesh and cheps”, no?  Smile

more like "fush"... can't quite reproduce it.
Last week we had halibut and chips at the Halibut House in the Highland Hills Mall.  The fist and chips were very good.  The batter on the fish was light and crispy.  It reminded me of the batter on Lemon Chicken when it's done right.

RIP the Ish and Chips next to the old, old Waterloo Post Office. I had a chance to catch them a few times this summer when their food truck rolled through Waterloo.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »