Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server move
(08-26-2020, 10:03 PM)plam Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 09:17 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Let's Encrypt? Valid only for 90 days?

For the low, low price of $12, our host hostinger sells you the service of running a script that auto-renews the LE cert every 90 days forever. (The script that let's encrypt provides to do the same for $0 somehow doesn't work on hostinger.)

That’s a huge surprise. I wonder how much work they put into making that happen?

It's unbelievable how cheap hosting is now ...
(08-26-2020, 10:12 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 10:03 PM)plam Wrote: For the low, low price of $12, our host hostinger sells you the service of running a script that auto-renews the LE cert every 90 days forever. (The script that let's encrypt provides to do the same for $0 somehow doesn't work on hostinger.)

That’s a huge surprise. I wonder how much work they put into making that happen?

Putting together the script that works, or making sure that the free script accidentally doesn't work...

And yes, hosting is super cheap these days, at least for the amount of traffic we see here.
(08-26-2020, 11:00 PM)plam Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 10:12 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: That’s a huge surprise. I wonder how much work they put into making that happen?

Putting together the script that works, or making sure that the free script accidentally doesn't work...

And yes, hosting is super cheap these days, at least for the amount of traffic we see here.

Making sure that the free script accidentally doesn’t work. I mean, it works for thousands, maybe millions of sites, and somehow purely coincidentally it doesn’t work on their system? That’s more than a little fishy.
(08-26-2020, 07:14 PM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 06:54 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: I’d like to add my thanks for all your work on this site also.
Likewise.

I can confirm emails seem to be working again now.

That's great to hear.

Yesterday morning when plam and I were testing it with PM's I still wasn't getting them. Hmm

For the low, low price of $12, our host hostinger sells you the service of running a script that auto-renews the LE cert every 90 days forever. (The script that let's encrypt provides to do the same for $0 somehow doesn't work on hostinger.)

Dodgy

That's frankly, immoral.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »