Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Better Tent City
My bad, thanks for spotting that, fixed now.

(01-17-2022, 03:36 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 03:18 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Nice coverage of ABTC in the Record. They are now up to 42 cabins.
https://www.therecord.com/opinion/column...oblem.html

It's not for everyone, and it doesn't solve homelessness on its own, but it is making a big difference especially for those that might be otherwise sleeping rough. Kudos to Nadine and everyone else who has made it happen!

Weird, I have a sub but I can't reach that page, it says it was moved. I did find it here:

https://www.therecord.com/opinion/column...oblem.html

BTW: Great story. It will give you background too on who helped this (Mr. Doyle, who owned Lot42) -- but he died in March, hence why that property was sold.

With a housing crises, you think they'd be open up to making tiny home communities, but with full plumbing, electricity and heat. Maybe Kitchener and Cambridge would be willing to do something like that, and as usual, count Waterloo out.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »