Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Streets
Open Streets
Uptown Waterloo

[Image: OpenStreetsWaterloo.jpg]

Open Streets Uptown Waterloo is a series of community afternoons inviting everyone to come walk, ride and play in our vibrant urban centre along King Street. For four weekend dates during the summer, King Street will be transformed into a thriving centre of fun and connection. Featuring impromptu parks, art alleys, sports demonstrations, community information booths and your favourite Uptown West businesses and eateries, Open Streets is created by the community, for the community. These are our streets. Let’s share them together.

I didn't know these events were even happening! Has anyone attended any of them since they started June 15th?
Shawn Wrote:I didn't know these events were even happening! Has anyone attended any of them since they started June 15th?
My wife and I attended the June event. It was better attended than last years IMO. I personally loved having the street car free. It drew us Uptown and we spent money on event vendors and permanent businesses.

I'm sure it will be "bigger" next year.
Shawn Wrote:I didn't know these events were even happening! Has anyone attended any of them since they started June 15th?

Yep. But my spouse is involved in running it, so I'm not unbiased. I think the shorter street closure helps focus the event more than it used to be.

The night event did get rained out. Perils of running an outdoor event. Forecast looks non-rainy for Sunday, though.
My wife and I attended the last two Open Streets events this year and really enjoyed them. We are relatively new to the area, but loved the opportunity to walk from our place and right into the event. Each one had a different theme, and in particular we enjoyed the one that had the vintage car showcase. It's always nice to see what the area has to offer. As for the crowds, we have nothing to compare it with, but I would say it was moderately populated, certainly not like the Busker Festival. We will certainly return next year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »