Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
460 Columbia St W | 12 + 12 + 12 fl | U/C
I like the groundfloor townhomes. Nice addition.

(05-20-2020, 03:37 PM)westwardloo Wrote: Thanks for sharing. Looks like this is going to be a nice little development.  Great use of materials and colours. Something I am sure a lot of people would have like to see in the university area.

This is taller, but the materials and colours are quite similar to Barra, which you rather disliked.

(02-24-2020, 09:28 PM)westwardloo Wrote: I wouldn't say this build looks great. I would even say you don't have to eat crow on this. There are much better looking mid-rise building. I get a very 90's feeling from this design. I think this is an example of the neighbor demanding the design fits the neighborhood.
2 cranes up now
Are these three totally separate towers or are there shared components?

Seems like it's been going for a while, how come we can't see any buildings peeking above the trees in this photo? Are they still at ground level-ish?
Went by yesterday but didn't stop for a picture. They have completed the street front townhome units and look to be getting going on the first couple floors above for the tower. Shouldn't be much longer before there is some elevation above the surroundings.

The townhome units look nice and if the landscape architecture keeps as planned should be a nice improvement to an otherwise pretty dead streetscape.

Update from yesterday:
[Image: 8UCUV7k.jpg]
[Image: 1ebVlrt.jpg]
Not bad
I can’t say I like the long outdoor stairs. Why isn’t the ground floor commercial? But at least it’s something a bit bigger than townhouses.
(02-16-2022, 02:15 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: I can’t say I like the long outdoor stairs. Why isn’t the ground floor commercial? But at least it’s something a bit bigger than townhouses.

I believe those are townhouses.
(02-16-2022, 02:20 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 02:15 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: I can’t say I like the long outdoor stairs. Why isn’t the ground floor commercial? But at least it’s something a bit bigger than townhouses.

I believe those are townhouses.

I mean the overall project is not just townhouses. If I’m understanding the photo correctly, it’s a multi-story apartment building with townhouses built into the bottom couple of levels; the townhouses aren’t separate from the apartment building.

(02-16-2022, 03:54 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 02:20 PM)CP42 Wrote: I believe those are townhouses.

I mean the overall project is not just townhouses. If I’m understanding the photo correctly, it’s a multi-story apartment building with townhouses built into the bottom couple of levels; the townhouses aren’t separate from the apartment building.

I totally misread your comment and thought you said “isn’t the ground floor commercial?” My bad!
(02-16-2022, 02:15 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: I can’t say I like the long outdoor stairs.

The stairs are necessary to ensure that the basement level has decent-sized windows.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »