Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Scott (59-65 Weber E) | 11 fl | Complete
(07-24-2019, 02:13 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 12:50 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: 100 Vic, arrow lofts, the smaller ones too like market flats, and more. I would say too many to easily count.

Yes, I forgot about Arrow II.  Is Market Flats under construction yet?  For those with shovels in ground already, it must be at least 1,000 apartments, no?

This is off-topic, I guess.  Is there a more appropriate thread for a total DTK "apartment count"?

That's a good thing.  I thought I remember reading that Kitchener? Waterloo?  Waterloo Region had the lowest vacancy rate in the country?  Province?

Clearly the details are a bit fuzzy, but the fact remains.

Walked by on my way home from work and snapped some photos. It sure doesn't look like any townhouses, looks more like a major project to me.

Are there updated renders for this project?. 

The Vanguard Developments website still has the previous proposed building's render (http://vanguarddevelopments.com/51Scott.html). As others have pointed out, there seems to not be much progress on the site.

Strik Baldinelli Moinz's website mentions that the company was "Retained for the Civil and Structural engineering of a 6 storey wood framed building in Kitchener, Ontario." It also states that construction was slated for this building by the  late summer of 2016. There is a render of this building here (https://www.sbmltd.ca/recent-projects/category/wood-framed). (Note that it is the third project from the top). The location of that project appears to be at the corner of Weber and Scott Streets--the same as this project.  

This project along with  387-397 King St are some of the most "unknown" projects in DTK. This is as they both have relatively unknown developers and no recent renders. Hopefully there more information released about these projects soon. 

P.S.  I have been collecting data about some of the new developments in Waterloo Region. I think that I can give a definitive answer of the number of units in DTK/Waterloo Region that are currently under construction given a day or two.
(07-24-2019, 06:24 PM)kalis0490 Wrote: Are there updated renders for this project?.

No, but the Kitchener GIS system does have a building footprint, and there's a permit issued. Appears to be rectangular with the long frontage on Scott St, and 11 storeys tall.
Yeah, the townhomes alone would not need that tower crane.
I thought so, the foundation was dug way too deep for something like townhouses. The crane height looks about right for 6 floors rather than 11, so I can't tell whether this is going to be the wood frame building in the recent link or something else (I realize they can generally be made bigger, but usually that happens at the start). Kind of strange to start construction on a major project but not have any sort of information.
Let's hope it's not the 6 storey version - that render looks nasty!

(07-25-2019, 07:18 PM)ac3r Wrote: I thought so, the foundation was dug way too deep for something like townhouses. The crane height looks about right for 6 floors rather than 11, so I can't tell whether this is going to be the wood frame building in the recent link or something else (I realize they can generally be made bigger, but usually that happens at the start). Kind of strange to start construction on a major project but not have any sort of information.

The permit database is reliable. If they were to change plans from 11 storeys they'd need to update the permit, so until that happens we can be confident that's the plan.
It this not the newest render of what is being constructed?
westwardloo Wrote:It this not the newest render of what is being constructed?
Yes
(07-26-2019, 08:25 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
westwardloo Wrote:It this not the newest render of what is being constructed?
Yes
No, that's across the street.

This thread : http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...p?tid=1367
(07-26-2019, 01:17 PM)Square Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 08:25 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Yes
No, that's across the street.

Can confirm. Two projects are happening at Scott and Weber directly across the street from each other, the other one has renders, this one does not.
(07-26-2019, 03:31 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 01:17 PM)Square Wrote: No, that's across the street.

Can confirm. Two projects are happening at Scott and Weber directly across the street from each other, the other one has renders, this one does not.

More accurately, one is happening, the other remains (long) proposed (but has renders!).

Interestingly, the long proposed one has been a surface lot for as long as anyone can remember, and, many many years ago there was a plan by whoever originally owned the property to build some office there (probably 10+ years ago). I hope they building something at last haha.
(07-26-2019, 06:35 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 03:31 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Can confirm. Two projects are happening at Scott and Weber directly across the street from each other, the other one has renders, this one does not.

More accurately, one is happening, the other remains (long) proposed (but has renders!).
Pretty sure it will start this fall(was mentioned in the Record article).  They even did soil samples this past spring. Also one qualified for the development exemption, while the other did not.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »