Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix Recommendations
A friend recommended Bordertown, but have not had a chance to look for it yet ...

(02-27-2019, 09:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote: A friend recommended Bordertown, but have not had a chance to look for it yet ...

Bordertown ... It's a good series ... make sure you start with Season 1 as it builds over time using new storylines.
Netflix recently added National Geographic's One Strange Rock, a series about life on Earth produced by Darren Aronofsky and introduced/narrated by Will Smith which is like a BBC nature documentary on psychedelics. Each episode is themed around the experiences of astronauts who have spent time in space, including Waterloo's own Chris Hadfield (it looks like some of his scenes may have been filmed around here too).
(02-28-2019, 10:00 AM)goggolor Wrote: Netflix recently added National Geographic's One Strange Rock, a series about life on Earth produced by Darren Aronofsky and introduced/narrated by Will Smith which is like a BBC nature documentary on psychedelics. Each episode is themed around the experiences of astronauts who have spent time in space, including Waterloo's own Chris Hadfield (it looks like some of his scenes may have been filmed around here too).

FYI,  Chris is not from Waterloo.
(02-28-2019, 10:38 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 10:00 AM)goggolor Wrote: Netflix recently added National Geographic's One Strange Rock, a series about life on Earth produced by Darren Aronofsky and introduced/narrated by Will Smith which is like a BBC nature documentary on psychedelics. Each episode is themed around the experiences of astronauts who have spent time in space, including Waterloo's own Chris Hadfield (it looks like some of his scenes may have been filmed around here too).

FYI,  Chris is not from Waterloo.

Doesn't he teach at UW?
Maybe he wasn't born here but we can still claim some ownership: "Hadfield, of course, got married in Waterloo in the early '80s, did postgraduate studies at the University of Waterloo and recently served a three-year term as an adjunct professor of aviation." https://www.therecord.com/whatson-story/...-hadfield/
Yes, but he currently lives in Toronto, with both Milton (high school) and Sarnia (elementary and family cottage to the south) claiming hometown status.

Let's just agree that you are technically correct and drop it as this is off-topic. I merely thought it was interesting that there was some kind of Waterloo connection in a big budget TV series, sorry I mentioned it.
Have recently really been enjoying Midnight Diner on Netflix: short stories centred on a small late-night diner in Tokyo. Every story is quite different, but enjoyable. I prefer to watch in small doses, only one episode at a time, but that's just my preference. Smile
(06-26-2020, 09:26 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Have recently really been enjoying Midnight Diner on Netflix: short stories centred on a small late-night diner in Tokyo. Every story is quite different, but enjoyable. I prefer to watch in small doses, only one episode at a time, but that's just my preference. Smile

if you get through the Midnight Diner episodes on Netflix, there are a couple other seasons and a few movies from before their move to Netflix that are fairly easy to find streaming elsewhere on the internet.
Newly added this week: almost all the catalogue of Studio Ghibli, the masters of feature anime. Kid-focused stuff like Totoro and Ponyo, plus more mature content like Nausicaa and Mononoke, and lots more in between.
Ozark
Case
Dublin Murders
Der Pass
The Valhalla Murders
Messiah
(06-26-2020, 01:39 PM)KevinL Wrote: Newly added this week: almost all the catalogue of Studio Ghibli, the masters of feature anime. Kid-focused stuff like Totoro and Ponyo, plus more mature content like Nausicaa and Mononoke, and lots more in between.

Excellent -- thanks!

(06-26-2020, 02:15 PM)Acitta Wrote: Ozark
Case
Dublin Murders
Der Pass
The Valhalla Murders
Messiah

Definitely Ozark.  The ending to season 3....wow
(06-26-2020, 04:32 PM)Spokes Wrote: Definitely Ozark.  The ending to season 3....wow

Yeah ... I'm not really big on watching organized crime programs. Dublin Murders looks like it needs to be added to my list, though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »