Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Market Flats | 7 fl | Completed
(02-12-2019, 03:47 PM)I’m tomh009 Wrote: Building permit (19-105380 MU) now issued.

Is there a way to view PDFs of what has been permitted ? Floor plans, that kind of thing ?

(02-12-2019, 10:46 PM)Spokes Wrote: Fantastic.  2019/2020 will be BUSY

I think Vive will have four (!) buildings under way: this one, Margaret/Victoria, 51 David St and 262 Queen St.

They also own another property in the east end, which looks to be later, and the second phase of Woodside Terraces is still to come. 

And the American Block? There is an interior demolition permit but I suspect the project will need council approval.
(02-12-2019, 11:02 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 10:46 PM)Spokes Wrote: Fantastic.  2019/2020 will be BUSY

I think Vive will have four (!) buildings under way: this one, Margaret/Victoria, 51 David St and 262 Queen St.

They also own another property in the east end, which looks to be later, and the second phase of Woodside Terraces is still to come. 

And the American Block? There is an interior demolition permit but I suspect the project will need council approval.

Good for them.  I had my doubts at times, but they're making it happen
There is fencing up around the properties on this lot now. I didn't notice any signs about demolition so maybe it's just to stop people from going into them. Demo would be more exciting.
(02-12-2019, 10:57 PM)PassTheBruce Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 03:47 PM)I’m tomh009 Wrote: Building permit (19-105380 MU) now issued.

Is there a way to view PDFs of what has been permitted ? Floor plans, that kind of thing ?

They have demolition permits for the two houses as well as a foundation permit for the new building. This info can be found by searching the building permits file in the City's Open Data catalogue.
(04-22-2019, 12:48 PM)BruceAshe Wrote: There is fencing up around the properties on this lot now. I didn't notice any signs about demolition so maybe it's just to stop people from going into them. Demo would be more exciting.
There was heavy equipment on site this afternoon.
It looks like pre-demolition clean-up has already been started.

Demolition has started!

Thanks for the updates!

WOW, that looks better already !!
Hmmm. Acitta's images don't display for me at all. Tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome.
(04-30-2019, 08:25 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Hmmm. Acitta's images don't display for me at all. Tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome.

I posted them using Firefox on Linux.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/o5yGUZwTjZJqB4xr7

(04-30-2019, 08:45 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 08:25 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Hmmm. Acitta's images don't display for me at all. Tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome.

I posted them using Firefox on Linux.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/o5yGUZwTjZJqB4xr7

I doubt it's a Firefox or Linux problem. The image URL is super long and could have been corrupted. Or else there is a permissions issue (they are hosted on googleusercontent.com, and I have no idea how permissions work there).

This is what it looks like for me, on all three browsers:

And, incidentally, the photos.app.goo.gl link does work. googleusercontent.com does not, however.
I think it relates to Google using time-limited URLs for viewing photos. When the URL is copy/pasted it initially works fine, but then the URL expires an hour later. I had no issue seeing Acitta's images when they were first posted, but now I see the same grey denied image that everyone else does. Google Photos just isn't meant to be a public image hosting service.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »