Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Election Results Discussion
(10-22-2018, 10:11 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: I am a bit shocked at how well the old, white, male candidates are doing this evening.

If there were ever a time for younger or non-male or non-white candidates I thought this was the time.

I think we will actually end up with fewer women and non-white elected officials than the previous term. Not very reflective of our diverse community.

I am too.  There were two in Kitchener in particular I thought needed to go.  Right now it looks like one could be done, and one back.  

Only one non-white person right?

EXREMELY early results have Kathryn McGarry over Doug Craig in Cambridge
Fred Eisenberger has been re-elected as Mayor of Hamilton. LRT is a go. Didn't they get $1 billion in provincial funding? Not that I think we will under the new regime, but hard not to see that as precedent.
(10-22-2018, 10:33 PM)Spokes Wrote: EXREMELY early results have Kathryn McGarry over Doug Craig in Cambridge

Those same early results show approval for ranked ballots.
(10-22-2018, 10:40 PM)tvot Wrote: https://twitter.com/OuthitRecord/status/...4755427328 

Apparently I don't know how to quote a tweet:

Quote:Final results for Waterloo council: incumbent Mark Whaley defeated by Jen Vasic. Other incumbents re-elected. New councillors   Sandra Hanmer, Royce Bodaly, Tenille Bonoguore.

Take the twitter link and put it in these tags
Code:
[twitter]URL[/twitter]

On the election, I've heard really good things about Vasic.  Congrats to her.
McGarry extending her lead in Cambridge.

Kitchener voter turn out = 27.8% after 83/84 polls (was 30.7% in 2014, 27.4% in 2010, and 25.5% in 2006).

Also early, but the ranked ballot initiative is currently leading with 58%.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

Are you kidding me? There are 83/84 polls reporting! Finish it up
(10-22-2018, 10:52 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Kitchener voter turn out = 27.8% after 83/84 polls (was 30.7% in 2014, 27.4% in 2010, and 25.5% in 2006).

Also early, but the ranked ballot initiative is currently leading with 58%.

That's disgusting.
(10-22-2018, 10:48 PM)Spokes Wrote: McGarry extending her lead in Cambridge.

Have you got a link to results?
(10-22-2018, 10:48 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 10:40 PM)tvot Wrote: https://twitter.com/OuthitRecord/status/...4755427328 

Apparently I don't know how to quote a tweet:

Take the twitter link and put it in these tags
Code:
[twitter]URL[/twitter]

Thanks, fixed.

Yes, if lived in Ward 5 I would have voted for Vasic.

I'm happy with Tenille Bonoguore winning. I liked both her and Rami but I ended up voting for Tenille because she raised a few more issues that I care about in the debates -- even though I am in favour of the approved 70 King North development. Considering Sproule was in second place, I'm relieved that Tenille pulled ahead.
(10-22-2018, 10:58 PM)panamaniac Wrote:

https://www.cambridge.ca/en/elections/20...sults.aspx

(10-22-2018, 10:58 PM)panamaniac Wrote:

https://www.cambridge.ca/en/elections/20...sults.aspx
(10-22-2018, 10:59 PM)tvot Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 10:48 PM)Spokes Wrote: Take the twitter link and put it in these tags
Code:
[twitter]URL[/twitter]

Thanks, fixed.

Yes, if lived in Ward 5 I would have voted for Vasic.

I'm happy with Tenille Bonoguore winning. I liked both her and Rami but I ended up voting for Tenille because she raised a few more issues that I care about in the debates -- even though I am in favour of the approved 70 King North development. Considering Sproule was in second place, I'm relieved that Tenille pulled ahead.

Sell me on her, because there was just something about her, I just had trouble getting on board with.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »