Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bright Building (749 King St W) | 18 + 3 fl | U/C
Welcome back to 1975 

[Image: B88733138Z.1_20190605165733_000_GVTK7725...rtrait.jpg]

Martin Simmons does some great work, but this looks terrible. The yellow on the balconies reminds me of Le Corbusier - but unlike his work, it isn't aesthetically pleasing at all.
Yuck
Just feels lazy.
I like the portico-type thing, if that's what it is. But I bet it won't turn out that way: all that glass around the commercial units is only suited to some retail types.
(06-07-2019, 07:08 AM)MidTowner Wrote: I like the portico-type thing, if that's what it is. But I bet it won't turn out that way: all that glass around the commercial units is only suited to some retail types.

Porte-cochere?
Yes, I like the porte-cochere. I did mean the posts and beams that seem to stretch from the building towards (but not over, I guess) the sidewalk.

It's a rendering, so who knows. But I don't think it looks that bad.
(06-06-2019, 10:35 AM)urbd Wrote: Welcome back to 1975 

Perhaps because it needs to fit in? Just hazarding a guess though. I really does have a serious retro feel to it though. And at least, it's not Drewlo or Northdale, so it does have that going for it.

(06-08-2019, 12:54 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 10:35 AM)urbd Wrote: Welcome back to 1975 

Perhaps because it needs to fit in? Just hazarding a guess though. I really does have a serious retro feel to it though. And at least, it's not Drewlo or Northdale, so it does have that going for it.

Wait a minute, I just got a call from 1975 -- they want their apartment back. Maybe this won't be a go then.
I liked the original render, can't see the new one. Has it changed much?
Waterloo Demo sign went up in the last few days.
I'm excited for anything Midtown related
Same here. Walking past here the other day, I was a bit giddy seeing a tree being removed. I'm happy that this at Station Park are both starting to move.
Is this for purchase or purpose built rent?

If demo work is about to get underway, it must be a rental.  I still find it to be considerably taller than I'd like for the location, but that ship has sailed, I guess.
Momo26, I don't think we know a whole lot about this one at this point
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »