Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Breithaupt Block Phase III | 11 fl | U/C
Yep, that's the underground parking entrance from the lane.

(10-23-2021, 04:37 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Yep, that's the underground parking entrance from the lane.
It is kind of ugly next to the rather nice building. I wonder why they didn't just extend the building over it.
From what I remember, it will be a green roof with grass and plants and such on top. Before the building was extended towards it (due to NIMBY complaints), that side of the development was a park / green space, and the entrance to the parking was incorporated into that
(10-23-2021, 04:47 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 04:37 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Yep, that's the underground parking entrance from the lane.
It is kind of ugly next to the rather nice building. I wonder why they didn't just extend the building over it.

It is quite strange, to be perfectly honest. But the NIMBY's in the area screamed the loudest, so this is the result of that.
Just wanted to clarify Allied/Perimeter do NOT own the Mcdonalds parcel.
I think I remember someone here saying McDonalds owns it? But I always thought all of the locations were franchised.
(10-27-2021, 06:52 PM)ac3r Wrote: I think I remember someone here saying McDonalds owns it? But I always thought all of the locations were franchised.

McDonald's does own it, and leases it to the local franchisee, as they do for almost all standalone locations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%2...ness_model is quite interesting, they're as much a real estate investment company as a restaurant. I enjoyed the movie The Founder, about how Ray Kroc took over the company from the founders and transformed it from restaurant to real estate company. I'd recommend giving it a watch.

The bridge connecting phases 2 and 3 was installed this weekend, as posted on Perimeter’s Instagram page. 

[Image: 5SoCu0w.png]
[Image: 0ZFffkq.png]
Looks like one more floor to go.

[Image: DwyB0UZ.jpg]
[Image: bR9i5Nh.jpg]
Also, upper floor glazing is happening on the opposite side already.

Last Week
[Image: 51675547053_6a61d38e01_b.jpg]The Breithaupt Block by Matt, on Flickr
Awesome photo Matt! Amazing to think nothing in this photo existed 10 years ago. It's so easy to forget how much progress we've made as a Region on a day-to-day basis, but it truly is extraordinary.
Site plans for a 4 story office building on this site (30 Breithaupt St) were submitted the other day. Phase 4?
I'm surprised Phase 4 would only be 4 stories.

(11-25-2021, 12:41 PM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: I'm surprised Phase 4 would only be 4 stories.

Might be due to the outcome of negotiations with the neighbours on phase III. (I have no knowledge.)
(11-24-2021, 05:01 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Site plans for a 4 story office building on this site (30 Breithaupt St) were submitted the other day. Phase 4?

Where do you see submitted site plans? I thought they weren't public.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »