Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Breithaupt Block Phase III | 11 fl | U/C
[Image: qfP4Di1.jpg]

And the garage:
[Image: IQoLABq.jpg]

I have been wondering about that stairwell/tower thing at the parking garage. I guess it will interface with the second span of the parking garage? Not sure if there are any plans anywhere to reference.
Presumably there is also an elevator planned for the building?
That pictures sums up a lot of DTK growth nicely.
(05-18-2022, 10:00 PM)CP42 Wrote: And the garage:

I'm confused by the 45 degree braces that run the length of both sides of the left hand side of this structure.  Is that not a parking area, or have they over built where parking wont be possible for 1/2 of its area?

Coke

/not an engineer... obviously
I think those are for the solar panels
(05-23-2022, 04:22 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 10:00 PM)CP42 Wrote: And the garage:

I'm confused by the 45 degree braces that run the length of both sides of the left hand side of this structure.  Is that not a parking area, or have they over built where parking wont be possible for 1/2 of its area?

Coke

/not an engineer... obviously
I am not a structural engineer, but i assume those are temporary braces until the exterior bracing is installed? Or it is a wierd parking structure and cars can still park in-between the braces?

It could be temporary shoring to allow them to work on and pour the upper floors while the lower ones are still reaching full cure. There was a building imploded in Florida recently that sat vacant for a decade or two after a partial collapse during construction due to lower floor shoring having been removed too early. :-(
I'd guess those braces are permanent, seems they're painted (or galv'd?) to match the rest of the structural steel. Usually if they're shoring the floors above I've seen them use a lot of scaffolding poles, I've been on jobs that used this kind of stuff
Google’s never-ending expansion in downtown Kitchener
The internet giant will soon have more than 500,000 square feet of office space on Breithaupt Street
Some landscaping work has begun:
[Image: futEr9a.jpg]

And an update on the construction garage (not sure if it has its own thread?):
[Image: 8pk2Uek.jpg]
Not sure to put this here or the Gen Busines forum but... Google just announcing 10k job cuts...

Any word on cuts for Canadian operations and that which could effect the rebound to this building ans DTK in general?
I think Faire also announced layoffs this past week.

@ Faire...how many?

Also what's Google's total workforce? Trying to put 10k into perspective...
According to the most reliable source, wikipedia, Google employs 136,000.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »