Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Downtown project directory
A long-overdue update done now. The list of active Waterloo urban projects looks very short, is there something missing?

Is the development at ~600 Queen St S talked about anywhere? It's not in the list.
(12-30-2020, 03:11 PM)Bytor Wrote: Is the development at ~600 Queen St S talked about anywhere? It's not in the list.
https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...hp?tid=996
(12-30-2020, 03:57 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 03:11 PM)Bytor Wrote: Is the development at ~600 Queen St S talked about anywhere? It's not in the list.
https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...hp?tid=996

As I recall, that property is listed for sale ...
(11-28-2020, 05:43 PM)tomh009 Wrote: A long-overdue update done now. The list of active Waterloo urban projects looks very short, is there something missing?

Just not much going on in Uptown Waterloo, it’s mostly concentrated in the Uni area.
It's too bad they never went ahead with 87 Regina. It's odd because it was approved back in 2019 and then nothing ever happened.

Similar situation with Strata - it looked like a great development - but it also died.

Waterloo often has this aversion to anything that seems too ambitious (but then approve eye sores like Barrelyards and Circa 1877, Caroline/144).
(12-31-2020, 11:57 AM)ac3r Wrote: It's too bad they never went ahead with 87 Regina. It's odd because it was approved back in 2019 and then nothing ever happened.

Similar situation with Strata - it looked like a great development - but it also died.

Waterloo often has this aversion to anything that seems too ambitious (but then approve eye sores like Barrelyards and Circa 1877, Caroline/144).

Strata is still moving forward - last I heard they were working through environmentals.

Really hope Strata gets going eventually. Looks like a really cool development.
Hi, Ive been little busy and haven't found time to update my map. Ive taken a tally of the buildings I need to add.

Also the map shows that a university streetcar would be feasible looking at the developments there.
we should have a wrconnected 3d model of the projects going on on a map of kw. Just like the the toronto 3d city models.
(04-17-2021, 08:28 PM)kalis0490 Wrote: we should have a wrconnected 3d model of the projects going on on a map of kw. Just like the the toronto 3d city models.

I've got one! Plugs into google earth and everything. Just hasnt been updated since 2019
I see "The Junction" was removed from the directory.

I found this in Perimeter's "look book" today. A little updated from what we saw initially I think.

I think the property was sold so we're not really sure what is happening with that project. They still have it listed on their website but there has been no info on it since it was first announced.

(05-03-2021, 11:30 AM)ac3r Wrote: I think the property was sold so we're not really sure what is happening with that project. They still have it listed on their website but there has been no info on it since it was first announced.

Yes Perimeter owns about 3.5 acres there. 

They're currently doing some environmental study on the old gas station site and master planning work for the whole site. That picture I posted was published February of this year year. Just thought it was interesting to see something other than the original napkin drawing they had on their website. Who knows when this will turn into something though...
(05-03-2021, 12:02 PM)DK519 Wrote: Yes Perimeter owns about 3.5 acres there. 

They're currently doing some environmental study on the old gas station site and master planning work for the whole site. That picture I posted was published February of this year year. Just thought it was interesting to see something other than the original napkin drawing they had on their website. Who knows when this will turn into something though...

Do they still own it? The thread for this project was posted in January last year, but by December it was discovered that the property was sold.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »