Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(06-15-2022, 10:24 AM)Has anyone heard anything about a move in date at Garment tower 3? The lower floors look like they are done. What is holding everything up?CP42 Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 01:15 AM)guy.chew@gmail.com Wrote: Would it be possible that we can move in around August?

Curious to what some of the initial occupancy dates given were? 

Station Park tower 1 is currently at end of September but wondering if I should expect that to be delayed.

(06-16-2022, 04:48 PM)guy.chew@gmail.com Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 07:39 AM)Walrus Wrote: What floor are you on?

17th
Are the elevators inside working?
External construction elevator is being dismantled today.
(07-07-2022, 12:27 PM)CP42 Wrote: External construction elevator is being dismantled today.

Good to know, thank you
Just received an email today:

We appreciate your ongoing patience with respect to the unavoidable delays that have impacted the completion of Garment Street Condos.

As you are aware, the following Notices of Unavoidable Delay have been issued:

1. Notice of Unavoidable Delay dated April 9, 2022 regarding the water event that took place at Garment Street Condos over the course of March 26, 2022;
2. Notice of Unavoidable Delay dated April 9, 2022 regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and related labour and supply chain disruptions; and
3. Notice of Unavoidable Delay dated May 20, 2022 regarding trade strikes.

We have been working diligently alongside our construction team to establish new occupancy dates and expect to be in a position shortly to share this information with you. As such, you can expect to receive a formal second notice - confirming the total length of the delay - within the coming weeks. This second notice will include your revised Statement of Critical Dates and your new occupancy date.

Although specific dates have not yet been finalized, in an effort to provide you with as much notice as possible, we can share that we anticipate the first round of occupancies to begin in early September. As well, we can further share that we anticipate registration of the condominium in late Summer or early Fall. As such, we may be in a position - in accordance with your Agreement of Purchase and Sale - to provide final closing of your unit concurrently with occupancy.

If you have questions about this correspondence, please contact Momentum Developments at info@momentumdevelopments.ca.

We look forward to welcoming you to Garment Street in the near future!

Warm Regards,

114-120 Victoria Street South Inc.
How does September compare to the originally committed occupancy dates?
(07-14-2022, 04:52 PM)tomh009 Wrote: How does September compare to the originally committed occupancy dates?

My occupancy date was scheduled for mid-May. I don't know when my new occupancy date will be, but I expect some time in October...so possibly a 5 month delay.

Anyone NOT notified of their closing date yet?
(08-16-2022, 08:19 PM)Serendipity Wrote: Anyone NOT notified of their closing date yet?

I just got an email for the townhall meeting. No firm occupancy/closing date has been communicated.
The lower floors have appliances in the unit. Not sure if this is a good indicator for occupancy or not.  Actually, I'm not sure if the appliances were there before the flood. 

In other news, Tower 2 had a water leak on the 12th floor yesterday impacting some units.  May be it was the same plumber that did Tower 3.
So tower 3 has had delays, but are the other towers (signifcantly) empty? Debbie Chapman claimed that two-thirds of the Garment condos were unoccupied as back up to her claim that hosing prices are not affected by supply and demand.
(09-23-2022, 01:36 PM)Bytor Wrote: So tower 3 has had delays, but are the other towers (signifcantly) empty? Debbie Chapman claimed that two-thirds of the Garment condos were unoccupied as back up to her claim that hosing prices are not affected by supply and demand.

I heard she misquoted an article that actually said tower 3 was only one-third occupied.
(09-23-2022, 01:36 PM)Bytor Wrote: So tower 3 has had delays, but are the other towers (signifcantly) empty? Debbie Chapman claimed that two-thirds of the Garment condos were unoccupied as back up to her claim that hosing prices are not affected by supply and demand.

I have seen no evidence the other towers are mostly empty. Certainly walking by night most units are lit up.

(09-23-2022, 01:43 PM)CP42 Wrote:

I heard she misquoted an article that actually said tower 3 was only one-third occupied.

That seems likely. Tower 3 is only 1/3 occupied, because Momentum finishes and grants occupancy in thirds, and only the first third is currently complete.

Has anyone impacted by the flood delays received a notice to sign a Final Occupancy Date Amendment? It states the following:

"The signing of the amendment may result in the loss of delayed occupancy compensation as described in section 7. In the event that delayed closing compensation is payable prior to the date of this Amendment, the Purchaser waives entitlement to such compensation. The parties hereto confirm that the Purchaser shall retain any ability to claim delayed closing compensation that is applicable from the date of this Amendment to the Firm Occupancy Date or Delayed Occupancy Date."

So, does this mean that there is a possibility of receiving some sort of compensation? My unit was delayed by 5.5 months and as a result, I was financially impacted. It would be nice if all owners who were delayed due to the flood received some sort of compensation.
I have no answer but I would think if the home you bought was flooded they would compensate. Seems insane not to do so.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »