Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEK Tower (30 Francis) | 45 fl | U/C
(05-10-2021, 12:27 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 06:40 PM)ac3r Wrote: Well you can tell IN8 to update their information, but they list the building as 134.5 and don't include the mechanics.

Might that be for planning reasons? My understanding is that with regards to zoning the mechanical penthouses are not counted as floors or for height. But they do seem to be for tallest building lists.

Which is actually kind of weird. What zoning impact does a tall building’s exact height have? Pretty much shadow impact. So why does it matter what is in the building? It casts the same shadow regardless.

But y’all know how well I think our zoning code is designed…

Update : still no tower unfortunately
(05-30-2021, 09:31 AM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Update : still no tower unfortunately
Should be quite some time before anything gets built here. I dont even think this has gone to the city yet.
It has gone to the city a while back and is currently under review. There will be a community meeting this Wednesday regarding the building, so get ready for a torrent of NIMBYs and op-eds in The Record saying this is completely unacceptable lol. It'll likely be approved due to its location. If it does, I expect we'd see them start before the end of the year.
(05-31-2021, 09:31 AM)ac3r Wrote: It has gone to the city a while back and is currently under review. There will be a community meeting this Wednesday regarding the building, so get ready for a torrent of NIMBYs and op-eds in The Record saying this is completely unacceptable lol. It'll likely be approved due to its location. If it does, I expect we'd see them start before the end of the year.
Thanks for this. They're farther along than I thought!
(05-31-2021, 09:32 AM)Bjays93 Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 09:31 AM)ac3r Wrote: It has gone to the city a while back and is currently under review. There will be a community meeting this Wednesday regarding the building, so get ready for a torrent of NIMBYs and op-eds in The Record saying this is completely unacceptable lol. It'll likely be approved due to its location. If it does, I expect we'd see them start before the end of the year.
Thanks for this. They're farther along than I thought!
Ah lovely, it has already started haha...Trucker Joe still thinks we're a small town.

[Image: qrfMWer.png]

Will Debbie Chapman and the VPNA be opposing this development, too?
(05-31-2021, 10:20 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Will Debbie Chapman and the VPNA be opposing this development, too?

Was Debbie? Or was she just at the meeting? Their minutes seemed more to indicate they were not happy with her/counsellor's engagement in their review process.
Would like to attend the community consultation to throw my support behind this proposal. Do I just email the address that debbie put in her tweet or is there another way?
I think you email if you're interested in speaking in the meeting yourself, but if you'd just like to watch they should be streaming over Zoom and possibly YouTube. Try subscribing on this page to see if you get a link to the meeting before it starts: https://www.kitchener.ca/en/council-and-...eting.aspx
(05-31-2021, 12:16 PM)ac3r Wrote: I think you email if you're interested in speaking on the meeting yourself, but if you'd just like to watch they should be streaming over Zoom and possibly YouTube. Try subscribing on this page to see if you get a link to the meeting before it starts: https://www.kitchener.ca/en/council-and-...eting.aspx
Thanks!
(05-31-2021, 12:16 PM)ac3r Wrote: I think you email if you're interested in speaking in the meeting yourself, but if you'd just like to watch they should be streaming over Zoom and possibly YouTube. Try subscribing on this page to see if you get a link to the meeting before it starts: https://www.kitchener.ca/en/council-and-...eting.aspx

If you actually want to indicate your support, you'll need to register, though.

(05-31-2021, 09:59 AM)ac3r Wrote: Ah lovely, it has already started haha...Trucker Joe still thinks we're a small town.

[Image: qrfMWer.png]

Says the Toronto ML fan…. Huh
Nothing wrong with not wanting to be Toronto.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »