Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEK Tower (30 Francis) | 45 fl | U/C
The first photo shows the tower is transparent.... an impressive feat. I look forward to it's implementation! Smile

Coke

Appears to be about 135 metres. Not sure if this render is just a guess or how accurate it is
Probably a guess. I don't know where SSP gets their data from. A lot of it is incorrect.
(04-04-2021, 09:53 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Appears to be about 135 metres. Not sure if this render is just a guess or how accurate it is
Koops65 does a bunch of renders on urban toronto. I dont think the names being the same is not a coincidence, I would assume he made the render and it's a guess nothing official.
Any word on when sales start or registering for info?
A little more info on this. The height of the building will be 134.5 meters tall. Parking will be a combination of above and underground parking with bike and general storage areas available. Residential units have been increased to 532 one and two bedroom units, yet there will be no commercial space available. The 7 floor podium section will have a rooftop amenity area for residents. Materials will be a mixture of glass, metal (white, dark and wood grain), ceramics and windscreens mimicking trees to counteract wind on the ground floor. The tower itself is rectangular, only taking up about half the project space as illustrated below in the architectural drawings.

Some additional images below.

[Image: ltIwseB.jpg]

[Image: VRjpwpJ.jpg]

[Image: jwkOAhK.jpg]

[Image: ukDTiPF.jpg]

[Image: YaGGu9O.jpg]
I think by far the most shocking thing about those details is that the building is designed by SRM. It looks night and day compared to most of their projects.

I had the same thought. Then again, at first most people thought Duke Tower looked good because they contracted Adhoc Studios to do the renders, but then the building itself looked horrible once it became a reality. I can only hope IN8 Developments put a bit more effort into this project and made sure SRM Architects provided a good design. 30 Francis isn't exactly intriguing - it's a pretty basic, copy paste design for the most part - but it does appear that simplicity works in its benefit.
Thanks for the update. Personally I really like the design. I guess the only fear I have now is with the material selection. Based on SRM's previous projects in the city I hope they constrain themselves when it comes to picking a curtain wall and spandrel colour. Nothing wrong with using the same choice for 44 floors.  I really like the wrap around balcony look they have achieved. Odd that the north east section of balcony is so tight to the building. Looks like they did this as a design choice, but it makes those units balconies pretty much useless. A little disappointing that there will be no ground floor retail involved in the project. Seems like a good location to include some. I presume the podium is completely parking garage then?
(04-27-2021, 04:33 PM)westwardloo Wrote: I presume the podium is completely parking garage then?

Not entirely. It'll have the usual stuff like a concierge, mail room, service rooms and resident amenities etc. Floors 2-6 will be parking as well as some residential units. Floor 7 will have a few more residential units as well as the rooftop terrace by the local GSP Group Incorporated which is proposed to have some standard facilities like seating, plants/trees, a grill. They are doing most of the landscape architecture for the building...which is not a whole lot besides some trees and the terrace.

I imagine the lack of retail is due to the location. It's not really on a block that gets much foot traffic.
Awesome! The diagram looks like it says 44 stories (does this include mechanical and the crown?)
It also lists the height at 139.5m.

KW sure is going up!!
(04-27-2021, 10:58 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Awesome!  The diagram looks like it says 44 stories (does this include mechanical and the crown?)
It also lists the height at 139.5m.

KW sure is going up!!

Edit: Diagram says 44 stories then it shows 3 floors of mechanical, would this make it 47 technically? Would this change the height in any way? 

Thank you for the replies
The height of 134.5 meters includes the mechanical penthouse.

Is it just me, or are condos getting smaller in size with each new development?!
(04-29-2021, 07:25 PM)Serendipity Wrote: Is it just me, or are condos getting smaller in size with each new development?!
These are incredibly small but I'm also surprised that there seem to be no larger units contemplated.  Even if young techies are the target market, surely there are a few folks out there that can afford more space.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »