Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(04-08-2020, 11:31 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 07:37 AM)mastermind Wrote: That's a cool photo tomh009.  Look at this piece only, it looks like a really interesting city.  Would you immediately recognize it as Kitchener?

Are you saying that Kitchener isn't a really interesting city?  Smile

Haha that wasn't my intention!  Maybe my deepest darkest unconscious biases are showing through, from growing up in this city that doesn't look like the cities in the magazines lol.

Ground-level view this time. Leaning Tower of Kitchener in the background. Wink

Does anyone know what that square metal frame with red feet is ?
It looks like a crane base. I'm not sure what the concrete pump base looks like though so it is could be that as well
The project continues.

Thos construction company moves fast
Is it a different GC than phase one?

They were setting up what looked like a huge mobile crane today.
(04-27-2020, 08:46 PM)Square Wrote: They were setting up what looked like a huge mobile crane today.

04-28-20

Update:  So the very tall mobile crane is moving the permanent crane away from King Street.

WOW, Why would they do that?
(04-28-2020, 11:01 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: WOW,  Why would they do that?

I’m not sure.  But most of the tower is away from King Street, closer to Duke Street.  At first I thought that there would be two cranes.  Moving the crane is one solution.
4-28-20

The crane is up and ready.  IN8 Development that's building DTK should have used the same company that put up this crane in half a day.  Do you remember all the problems DTK had getting their crane up.  This crane dominates the skyline (for now).

Great picture...Thanks
(04-28-2020, 03:46 PM)jgsz Wrote: 4-28-20

The crane is up and ready.  IN8 Development that's building DTK should have used the same company that put up this crane in half a day.  Do you remember all the problems DTK had getting their crane up.  This crane dominates the skyline (for now).
Thank you for the update.  I agree about using this company, and the crane is not as ugly as Duke Tower, lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »