Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
(11-11-2019, 10:15 AM)taylortbb Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 08:36 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Halls Lane along with the other alley lanes in DTK should legitimately be considered artistic sites and allowed to place tasteful murals/graffiti. More character. Or is there an argument to be made it isn't classy?

Already starting to happen. AOK, the coming soon barcade just across Gaukel from Charlie West, got a beautiful mural painted on the lane side. https://www.instagram.com/p/B3dL7NSgqSy/

Love the mural and love that the entrance is from the lane.

The block of Hall's Lane between Gaukel and Ontario is great for art. The Cafe Pyrus/DNA Printing building has a bunch and so does Grand Trunk Saloon. And then there's scattered tags, doodles and messages in dusty windows.
From earlier today

Thank you, nice photos! They have a concrete pumper in the building?, or is it on Halls Lane?
(09-13-2019, 05:37 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Thanks for the update, its progressed a lot since I last seen.

(11-26-2019, 04:37 AM)Square Wrote: Thank you, nice photos!  They have a concrete pumper in the building?, or is it on Halls Lane?
It a placing boom just like Duke tower so in the building.
How do those work?
(11-26-2019, 12:05 PM)Spokes Wrote: How do those work?
The cement truck In the second picture is backed up to a cement pump that is pumping concrete up the building to the placing bomb which is basically the normal pump truck just mounted on the building.

Oh ok. So is it just a permanent version of a pumping truck?
Is it just me, or has the pace of construction slowed a bit in recent weeks?
(11-26-2019, 02:27 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Is it just me, or has the pace of construction slowed a bit in recent weeks?

They're transitioning from podium to tower, which has some complications. Once the first tower floor is complete it'll really speed up.
(11-26-2019, 03:31 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 02:27 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Is it just me, or has the pace of construction slowed a bit in recent weeks?

They're transitioning from podium to tower, which has some complications. Once the first tower floor is complete it'll really speed up.
Exactly this. It also appeared from yesterday that they were getting quite close to being finished with the podium and should be close to transitiong to the tower.
I saw today that they have all the forms stacked at the old bus terminal.

Also anyone with a overhead view have any photos? Thank you.
Expect 1 floor every 1-2 weeks from now on

AOK oh this is awesome. I heard rumblings about this 1+ year ago. So glad it's happening. After work games hangs!
(11-28-2019, 12:50 AM)Momo26 Wrote: AOK oh this is awesome. I heard rumblings about this 1+ year ago. So glad it's happening. After work games hangs!
Has it opened?  (sorry, wrong thread)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »