Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Glove Box | 6 fl | U/C
I was always unsure if it was big enough for any office space of any significance.

(09-17-2019, 01:05 PM)urbd Wrote: But I have a feeling its owners are just keeping it empty for a developer to assemble all the land from Bramm to Park Street (which I heard might have already happened).
If it has, my landlord hasn't told us anything about it.
(09-17-2019, 02:50 PM)thefringthing Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 01:05 PM)urbd Wrote: But I have a feeling its owners are just keeping it empty for a developer to assemble all the land from Bramm to Park Street (which I heard might have already happened).
If it has, my landlord hasn't told us anything about it.

I don't think your building was part of that assembly (assuming it did happen). And if it was included, I think it is listed as a heritage property? Isn't it?
Turning that cleaners into a trendy specialty coffee shop sounds like a neat prospect!
(09-17-2019, 02:57 PM)urbd Wrote: I don't think your building was part of that assembly (assuming it did happen). And if it was included, I think it is listed as a heritage property? Isn't it?
It's merely a "non-designated heritage property". So council would have some time to have it designated if there was a plan to demolish it, AFAICT.
The cleaners has masonry work going on inside, they had been bringing buckets of dirt up from the basement
(09-17-2019, 03:11 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Turning that cleaners into a trendy specialty coffee shop sounds like a neat prospect!

I always thought that too.

Piles are almost all in along the Victoria St side from the driveway for 100 to Huck Glove
...are they gonna be working on both the remaining towers AND the Glove Box at the same time? That's a lotta cranes packed onto on block!
(10-17-2019, 01:46 PM)white_brian Wrote: Piles are almost all in along the Victoria St side from the driveway for 100 to Huck Glove

Thank you for the information.
(10-17-2019, 05:13 PM)GtwoK Wrote: ...are they gonna be working on both the remaining towers AND the Glove Box at the same time? That's a lotta cranes packed onto on block!

Yep, confirmation was posted earlier that they'd have 3 cranes up at the same time.
The dig for the foundation in the Glove Box section is moving along quickly - down to at about 1 floor below grade this morning.
Are they just digging to the immediate right of the existing structure?

(11-11-2019, 02:24 PM)Spokes Wrote: Are they just digging to the immediate right of the existing structure?

Yep - you can see the foundation of the existing building and they are excavating just about up to the sidewalk. Interesting to look at the sump/water handling they've put in around the perimeter.
the tower crane base is formed and ready to be poured another tower crane going up within 200 meters of each other is crazy.     
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »