Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEK Tower (30 Francis) | 45 fl | U/C
(07-26-2024, 08:04 AM)CuilTard Wrote: How long til we see if it has the DTK/IN8 problems?
https://www.reddit.com/r/kitchener/s/m6tjJst3o6

One of the comments there says

Quote:look at the tension in them first floor windows... the building is likely settling in an unexpected manner.

Based on what I've heard from someone who owns a unit there, that's dead on.

(07-26-2024, 02:21 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(07-26-2024, 08:04 AM)CuilTard Wrote: How long til we see if it has the DTK/IN8 problems?
https://www.reddit.com/r/kitchener/s/m6tjJst3o6

One of the comments there says

Quote:look at the tension in them first floor windows... the building is likely settling in an unexpected manner.

Based on what I've heard from someone who owns a unit there, that's dead on.

What is tension in a window?  You mean cracking?
(07-26-2024, 04:39 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-26-2024, 02:21 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Based on what I've heard from someone who owns a unit there, that's dead on.

What is tension in a window?  You mean cracking?

In that case I believe they meant warped, glass isn't totally inflexible. But I just meant issues with uneven settling are what I'm hearing.
Aug 2
[Image: HGHHCto.jpeg]
And the Francis side with the numbers:
[Image: xL5jTx7.jpeg]
Seems like they slowed down. Last Saturday they had the forms for half the 21st floor. So they only did half a floor all week.
(08-02-2024, 05:22 PM)Square Wrote: Seems like they slowed down.  Last Saturday they had the forms for half the 21st floor.  So they only did half a floor all week.

Which tower do we think tops out first: Tek or Station Park Tower C?
Such a great shot. Thanks for posting

(08-02-2024, 05:33 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 05:22 PM)Square Wrote: Seems like they slowed down.  Last Saturday they had the forms for half the 21st floor.  So they only did half a floor all week.

Which tower do we think tops out first: Tek or Station Park Tower C?

I was going to say Station Park Tower C with the 4 day to finish a floor schedule, but it looked like to me today they also finished half a floor in one week, Lol
Probably with the heat this past week they slowed down. Only so much you can do in that heat.
Almost half way up, going to make a massive mark on the skyline
(08-03-2024, 07:58 AM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Almost half way up, going to make a massive mark on the skyline

Will be a pipsqueak compared to F, though
Does anyone know why they would brick up the gaps on the podium? Would it not look nicer with windows or grates for air or for the car owners to look outside?
(08-10-2024, 09:12 PM)Square Wrote: Does anyone know why they would brick up the gaps on the podium?  Would it not look nicer with windows or grates for air or for the car owners to look outside?

Do you have a photo?

(08-10-2024, 09:21 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(08-10-2024, 09:12 PM)Square Wrote: Does anyone know why they would brick up the gaps on the podium?  Would it not look nicer with windows or grates for air or for the car owners to look outside?

Do you have a photo?

No photo, but on Post 649 by CuilTard on the 1st photo, the 1st visible floor is black, while the next 2 floors are grey which are now covered up with cinder blocks.
Not sure why they're doing this either, but here's a closer shot of the cinder blocks:
[Image: 2qpRswy.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »