Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
(07-05-2024, 06:52 AM)nms Wrote:
(06-29-2024, 06:39 AM)Square Wrote: I wonder who owns the helipad land.  Could put another tower there.

Depending on the lot lines, the helipad is either part of 77 Wellington St S, currently the headquarters of the Ontario Seed Company and the listed owner is "Hollow Crown Holdings", or the helipad is part of 641 King St W, aka Station Park, and owned by Centre Ice LP, or is it part of 15 Wellington St W and owned by Wilkins Financial Services. Interestingly, at least according to the City of Kitchener GIS data, the Walter Street alignment continues southeast of Wellington and connects to King St roughly across from the old McDonalds.

It's on the OSC property.

July 22 update:
[Image: JQgcUti.jpeg]
July 27th:
[Image: pHo9SPK.jpeg]
I saw today the crane was raised. Did they have to shut down the street for 1 week to raise it? LOL
(07-27-2024, 11:39 PM)Square Wrote: I saw today the crane was raised.  Did they have to shut down the street for 1 week to raise it? LOL

No, they used a climbing framing to raise it Thursday and Friday. They added another 120 feet to the cranes mast, they will have another jump of similar size later which should be the final jump of the crane.
I am really liking the look of this tower so far. Obviously another white tower, but the cladding looks really crisp. I am interested to see  ow the middle bump out turns out. For the most part this whole development has appeared to be fairly high quality.
I'm curious, has anything moved into any of the commercial spaces in either of the Union towers, or has anyone announced any plans to move in? I know the large unit facing King Street remains empty, but I haven't seen the rest up close.

(07-29-2024, 08:19 AM)westwardloo Wrote: I am really liking the look of this tower so far. Obviously another white tower, but the cladding looks really crisp. I am interested to see  ow the middle bump out turns out. For the most part this whole development has appeared to be fairly high quality.

Nope.
Curious if they’re not letting people move in until construction is done, or if there’s just no appeal to open up shop right next to a construction fence right now. 
While the full courtyard won’t be open, once tower C is done, there will be more space open for it to be a bit more pedestrian friendly.
Regarding pricing, not sure if anyone here follows...resale units are listed anywhere from 5 to 20% more than Precon pricing for the first 2 towers but selling for -5 to +10% Compared to precon. Realtor was telling me we are well and proper back to 2019 condo pricing in DTK. Thoughts?
(08-04-2024, 01:21 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Regarding pricing, not sure if anyone here follows...resale units are listed anywhere from 5 to 20% more than Precon pricing for the first 2 towers but selling for -5 to +10% Compared to precon. Realtor was telling me we are well and proper back to 2019 condo pricing in DTK. Thoughts?

While the precon sales were done in 2019, they were certainly not sold at 2019 pricing. At the time, the precon pricing was much higher than current market price under the assumption that prices would continue to rise. 
My understanding is that in recent years, all preconstruction sales pricing bakes in a growth factor that the market is assumed to reach (or that you can convince buyers it will reach) by the time the unit is ready for occupancy a couple years after initially signing the PSA.
15/36
[Image: BDwgF1B.jpeg]
18/36:
[Image: 5C0aFPV.jpeg]
[Image: AhQvpWd.jpeg][Image: VfkZDMM.jpeg][Image: npFisTy.jpeg][Image: FLqXD7S.jpeg][Image: 38oxm6f.jpeg][Image: g6arCl4.jpeg]

[Image: IBdusPn.jpeg][Image: YNFtNDh.jpeg][Image: U982a0V.jpeg][Image: 4oyIyyo.jpeg][Image: TF4mJk1.jpeg][Image: hbe2PP8.jpeg]
[Image: 66U1mOu.jpeg][Image: 5LSBOnO.jpeg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »