Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(07-12-2024, 09:49 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 09:46 AM)Vojnik_Vahaj Wrote: I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but are the cappucino's good?

Yes Smile

Well then I'm sold. I'll try Yeti's another time. Thank you.
Galatians 4:16

It would be so nice if Lucero could open a three-season space in the odd parking lot out behind the building.
(07-12-2024, 08:11 AM)Vojnik_Vahaj Wrote: Sorry for the bump, but what would y'all recommend more, Yeti Cafe or Lucero Canteen(or somewhere else entirely)? I have a coffee date tommorrow and I don't want to take her to the generic Coffee Culture.

I'd say check out Smile Tiger! It's next to the train station on Ahrens Street. If it's a date, maybe go down Water Street to avoid walking past the homeless occupation on Weber because that's a bit of a turn off haha. Otherwise yeah, they have great coffee, tasty treats and the vibe inside is nice.

https://smiletigercoffee.com/
(07-12-2024, 01:53 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 08:11 AM)Vojnik_Vahaj Wrote: Sorry for the bump, but what would y'all recommend more, Yeti Cafe or Lucero Canteen(or somewhere else entirely)? I have a coffee date tommorrow and I don't want to take her to the generic Coffee Culture.

I'd say check out Smile Tiger! It's next to the train station on Ahrens Street. If it's a date, maybe go down Water Street to avoid walking past the homeless occupation on Weber because that's a bit of a turn off haha. Otherwise yeah, they have great coffee, tasty treats and the vibe inside is nice.

https://smiletigercoffee.com/
Thanks fo the suggestion! At this point I'm just gonna eenie meenie minee moe the options Big Grin
Galatians 4:16
And if you don’t like Coffee, smile tiger has other Ontario produced libations that are quite good.
The signs are up for the new eating spots in the BT Supermarket building (and next door). Given the sizes of the units, I expect take-out only.
  • Viet Snackz (Vietnamese street food)
  • Tastea (bubble tea)
  • TOGO ("premium sushi")
  • Tram Anh's Subs (Vietnamese subs)

(07-15-2024, 08:36 AM)tomh009 Wrote: The signs are up for the new eating spots in the BT Supermarket building (and next door). Given the sizes of the units, I expect take-out only.
  • Tastea (bubble tea)
  • TOGO ("premium sushi")

BT is opening Wednesday. I went by today, and some woman had just asked someone inside and told me.

(07-15-2024, 07:54 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(07-15-2024, 08:36 AM)tomh009 Wrote: The signs are up for the new eating spots in the BT Supermarket building (and next door). Given the sizes of the units, I expect take-out only.
  • Tastea (bubble tea)
  • TOGO ("premium sushi")

BT is opening Wednesday. I went by today, and some woman had just asked someone inside and told me.

Excellent news--thanks!
Another bánh mì place? I wonder how they'll compare to the one across the street. That is a regional gem.
(07-15-2024, 07:54 PM)Acitta Wrote: BT is opening Wednesday. I went by today, and some woman had just asked someone inside and told me.

Can confirm it's now open. Was quite busy when I went in around 2pm. Feels like a huge space, so many empty freezers yet to be filled with products. Feels like T&T in its size.
(06-02-2024, 01:46 PM)Bytor Wrote: Has anybody heard anything about the DTK Four All location on King St W ? It was supposed to open a few months ago according to an Instagram post.

Opened now. Judging by all of the staff taking selfies inside, it must have just opened very shortly before I went in.
Grand Trunk is also now open in their new King St space. They now have a wood pizza oven, and a good selection of pizzas on the menu (which I can confirm was delicious!).

The new space is much larger, and feels much higher end. Especially the bar, looks more like a Toronto or NYC cocktail bar than anything that previously existed in KW.
(07-18-2024, 11:29 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Grand Trunk is also now open in their new King St space. They now have a wood pizza oven, and a good selection of pizzas on the menu (which I can confirm was delicious!).

The new space is much larger, and feels much higher end. Especially the bar, looks more like a Toronto or NYC cocktail bar than anything that previously existed in KW.

The old space was so warm and cozy. I only looked through the door because it was busy during Cruising on King, but the new space seemed less so, would you agree?

The former space was certainly cozy....but, if they stick to their business model it will be good. Good people make good things happen..
Four All Ice Cream is having a grand opening for their new downtown Kitchener location tomorrow from noon to 10pm. Located on King St, on the same block as Matter of Taste. Their manufacturing will all be happening in DTK, and they have a big window so you can see the ice cream getting made.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »