Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(07-04-2024, 11:49 AM)creative Wrote:
(07-04-2024, 10:20 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: First of all, there's tons of parking, this doesn't enable anyone new to come downtown. If you aren't coming downtown because of a false belief there is no parking, this won't change that.

Second of all, I said exactly why in my post...because people will get used to parking here, then they will get angry when it gets taken away. Please, if you don't believe people will complain when this is closed, I have a bridge to sell you.
I as a resident of this city and a car owner I would most definitely go downtown more often and use this area to park. As I told you previously I am not comfortable parking in the downtown garages. And I couldn’t care less when it gets taken away for future development.

"And I couldn't care less when it gets taken away for a future development"...

Even if I believe you, which I have no reason not to, other than that you yourself do not know what future you will think, I didn't say YOU would complain, I said people would complain, which they will, with 100% certainty.

And again, there is tons of parking, even tons of surface parking (I've parked my bike in the parking garage many times, but never a car, because surface parking is more convenient), so again, it's bullshit. Nobody is coming downtown because of this.

And yeah, before you say it, I don't think there should be surface parking downtown...it's an incredible waste of space...probably only better than self storage units.

For someone that doesn’t own a car you come across as knowing everything about those that do. Why do you even care? You left!
(07-04-2024, 01:26 PM)creative Wrote: For someone that doesn’t own a car you come across as knowing everything about those that do. Why do you even care? You left!

Don't take owning a car to read a parking study... when less than 70% of parking is filled at the peak hour of the busiest day, the problem is not lack of parking.

And I care because I have family and friends in town, people I visit, frankly, I've been in downtown Kitchener more in the past year than some folks in this forum I'm sure.

But if you don't like me having an opinion...well...you are welcome to that opinion as well.
Temporary parking opens at former bus terminal as Kitchener City Hall garage closes for month
https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/temporary-p...-1.6952526
bAn CaRs
(07-06-2024, 05:34 AM)ac3r Wrote: bAn CaRs
I second the motion.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »