Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
(06-06-2024, 05:38 PM)CP42 Wrote: Condo Culture posted a video on instagram today teasing “The Platform at Station Park” coming Fall 2024. I’d assume this is for tower 5, but I’m surprised to see it this early and don’t really understand the name… yet?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C742Shygv...p2enBvM3hi

The DUO website states that DUO has sold out and now has a link to The Platform: https://theplatform.stationpark.com 

I’m surprised as I recall another member on the site saying they were building Tower C on spec, but this appears to indicate Tower C and D (3 and 4) are fully sold out.

Photo included on email communication:
[Image: obrueMu.png]
(06-06-2024, 05:43 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(06-06-2024, 05:38 PM)CP42 Wrote: Condo Culture posted a video on instagram today teasing “The Platform at Station Park” coming Fall 2024. I’d assume this is for tower 5, but I’m surprised to see it this early and don’t really understand the name… yet?

The DUO website states that DUO has sold out and now has a link to The Platform: https://theplatform.stationpark.com 

I’m surprised as I recall another member on the site saying they were building Tower C on spec, but this appears to indicate Tower C and D (3 and 4) are fully sold out.

VanMar has had Tower D permits applied for (Parking Garage and Balance of Construction) since early in the year (January/February). Nothing is issued yet but they obviously feel comfortable enough with whatever they've sold to get to that point, so starting to market another building certainly isn't crazy considering how much they have in the pipeline.
The first two builidngs seem to have quite a few short term rental units. I wonder if three won't be many more in the new towers.

Maybe it will connect to the Transit Hub Platform?
Station Park is easily the best designed master planned site in the Region. The towers while nothing to brag about, are all well thought out and use high quality finishes. (Although I hate the Red panelling at the retail units in tower 1&2) I am a little surprised they a promoting building 5 so soon, but it makes sense since the first 4 towers sold really well. I would be pretty funny for this site to be finished before the barrel yards. I really hope tower 5 is a show-stopper. I like the current design, but I know some people are not big fans. With 50 floors up on the hill it will be prominent from a lot of vantage points around the Region.
I forgot they were still working on The Barrel Yards. It's been a full decade now, hasn't it?

(06-07-2024, 08:35 AM)westwardloo Wrote: Station Park is easily the best designed master planned site in the Region. The towers while nothing to brag about, are all well thought out and use high quality finishes. (Although I hate the Red panelling at the retail units in tower 1&2) I am a little surprised they a promoting building 5 so soon, but it makes sense since the first 4 towers sold really well. I would be pretty funny for this site to be finished before the barrel yards. I really hope tower 5 is a show-stopper. I like the current design, but I know some people are not big fans. With 50 floors up on the hill it will be prominent from a lot of vantage points around the Region.

I stayed in one of the towers recently and I was surprised by the low quality of some finishes in the public areas.  I don't think the building interiors will age well.
(06-07-2024, 09:18 AM)ac3r Wrote: I forgot they were still working on The Barrel Yards. It's been a full decade now, hasn't it?

According to Streetview there was already construction in August 2011.
(06-07-2024, 09:21 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I stayed in one of the towers recently and I was surprised by the low quality of some finishes in the public areas.  I don't think the building interiors will age well.

I am not surprised by that at all. Almost every "Luxury" condo's interior materials are complete trash. But, luckily I don't have to look at the interior of the building while I walk around in the city. The exterior glazing, masonry and panelling is more what I am referring too and although they are not the best in the world, they are definitely nicer than 90% of the buildings that are built in this Region.
Given the number of shots of the CN tower in the opening slide reel, the Platform is either being marketed to people with no sense of geography. or to those who plan to buy a unit and then spend most of their time in Toronto.
(06-10-2024, 07:31 AM)nms Wrote: Given the number of shots of the CN tower in the opening slide reel, the Platform is either being marketed to people with no sense of geography. or to those who plan to buy a unit and then spend most of their time in Toronto.

Yes, like most condo developments they're marketing toward GTA investors.
Looks like they’re pouring the 8th floor slab now. VanMar posted on social media today that they are implementing a 4-day formwork cycle for the tower.
[Image: Nx0u14d.jpeg]

New graphics going up today on the site wall along King St for The Platform, replacing the DUO ones. Will post photos once it’s complete.
(06-13-2024, 12:46 PM)CP42 Wrote: New graphics going up today on the site wall along King St for The Platform, replacing the DUO ones. Will post photos once it’s complete.

Thanks for your coverage on this project.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »