Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
142 & 146 Fergus Avenue | 7 fl | Proposed
(03-02-2023, 06:55 PM)creative Wrote: I would love to see your portfolio of projects that you have designed/worked on. If one exists I and I’m sure others would love to see your work.

I'm not sure why you'd be asking this - and what is this emphasis of "if one exists"? This would be like me asking you to post your CV for everyone to see. I'm a licensed architect and have a portfolio, but that is in the real world, not an internet forum. Certain things don't cross paths, one of which includes one's career and professional history (and in turn, doxing myself) on an internet forum.

(03-02-2023, 07:49 PM)dtkmelissa Wrote: I can't really imagine what adding very specific aesthetic guidelines would even look like process-wise.

You can get an idea of how a design review panel works on the City of Toronto website as they have video recordings of them: https://www.toronto.ca/city-government/p...-schedule/

As for how aesthetics matter in architectural design and urban space beyond that, that's a question that is beyond the scope of what I can write in a forum post (though I think the answer to that should already be situated within your intuition).
(03-03-2023, 07:42 AM)ac3r Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 06:55 PM)creative Wrote: I would love to see your portfolio of projects that you have designed/worked on. If one exists I and I’m sure others would love to see your work.

I'm not sure why you'd be asking this - and what is this emphasis of "if one exists"? This would be like me asking you to post your CV for everyone to see. I'm a licensed architect and have a portfolio, but that is in the real world, not an internet forum. Certain things don't cross paths, one of which includes one's career and professional history (and in turn, doxing myself) on an internet forum.

Poor choice of words on my part. I mean’t to reference the existence of an online portfolio that you could share. I was not questioning your qualifications. I worked as a designer for over 30 years and was always and still am happy to share my portfolio with anyone who may be interested.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »