Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEK Tower (30 Francis) | 45 fl | U/C
(02-02-2023, 10:42 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: I read a report in the council minutes somewhere last year that said it sold out and sold out FAST

That's what I heard too. I think they did most of the sales activities in TO touting this as an opportunity to invest in the hot KW tech market.

(02-03-2023, 10:07 AM)Chris Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 10:42 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: I read a report in the council minutes somewhere last year that said it sold out and sold out FAST

That's what I heard too. I think they did most of the sales activities in TO touting this as an opportunity to invest in the hot KW tech market.

We don’t love their buildings, but sounds like they know how to sell…
They were priced high too. Like 950 to 1200/sqft (I think I posted the most expensive per sqft unit in here). Toutted it as 'cheaper than a Toronto condo' (not by much and only comparing to premium downtown/Yorkville ones). Priced 4 years out to coincide with completion. We will probably hit 1k/sqft by as early as 2025
(02-03-2023, 09:19 AM)CuilTard Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 08:26 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
Crane base is in,  sorry night time pictures while out for a walk.

Here's one with a bit of daylight Shy

Great photo, keep these coming every few weeks please Smile
(02-06-2023, 04:05 PM)jshamont Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 09:19 AM)CuilTard Wrote: Here's one with a bit of daylight Shy

Great photo, keep these coming every few weeks please Smile

At your service. Hope it's not too much info, but neighbours got an email today:

Dear Neighbour,
As we move forward with the construction of our new project (TEK Tower), we are currently at
the stage that requires us to pour a large concrete slab. We have planned for this work to
happen on Saturday, February 11, 2023.
Due to the nature of the work, there may be some heavy machinery noise in the early hours of
the morning and late at night. We apologize for any disruption this may cause.
We are working hard to ensure the completion of the project within the specified timeframe,
and we thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any concerns or questions
about the project, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Management – IN8 Construction Management Inc.

Nice shot. Here is the big pour yesterday:

I saw all the trucks lined up on Saturday That was a big pour I can't believe how much steel work they got done already
The parking garage looks like it covers 100% of the lot. I wonder what they will do at the street level to allow for entrances, moving trucks and garbage/recycling pickup, all of which are challenges when your property is not much bigger than the building footprint.
(02-13-2023, 10:36 AM)tomh009 Wrote: The parking garage looks like it covers 100% of the lot. I wonder what they will do at the street level to allow for entrances, moving trucks and garbage/recycling pickup, all of which are challenges when your property is not much bigger than the building footprint.

It's going to be tight. One thing we learned at the neighbourhood meetings is that unlike 1 Vic, all the garbage pick up, etc. Is going to happen within the building, so it shouldn't interfere with Halls lane.
It looks like the tower crane is going up next week (21st-24th). It says on the cities road closure website "4 day closure for tower crane installation for 30 Francis St S TEK Tower development", Halls Lane will be closed from Victoria to Water and Francis from King to Halls Lane.
Should make a condition of future IN8 proposals that this crew get seconded to Drewlo to 3 months for the betterment of our community.
If this was the USA, I think you could pick up some migrant workers at a Home Depot parking lot and have them finish that project faster than Drewlo could.

Tower crane installation is scheduled this week.

From IN8:

Dear Neighbour,

This letter is to inform you of a full road closure which has been approved by City of Kitchener for Francis Street from Charles Street to King Street for the erection of tower crane for the following dates, February 21st to February 24th.
Photo 
(02-21-2023, 10:27 AM)Chris Wrote: Tower crane installation is scheduled this week.

From IN8:

Dear Neighbour,

This letter is to inform you of a full road closure which has been approved by City of Kitchener for Francis Street from Charles Street to King Street for the erection of tower crane for the following dates, February 21st to February 24th.

Time for another picture? Progress seems a bit slower this week. They got this big crane assembled today on Francis.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »