Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
Well how else are you gonna milk the contractual and overtime pay? Lolz. While I realize Drewlo isn't a scam per se...they're also a scam. It's astonishing how long they've spent working on this trash lmao. It's been AN ENTIRE DECADE since this grift started haha and they aren't even halfway done it's actually kinda impressive they get away with this.

Can't say I have ever seen anyone build the way they do !!
How far in advance was Fallowfield announced before they started that project? Because the Google street view between Aug 2011 and July 2014 goes from a cordoned-off empty field (they chose an appropriate name, in reflection) to two inhabited towers and a third mostly done. Oct 2015 has the third done and the fourth nearly complete, and June 2016 has the site fully done. So Drewlo CAN do it, which begs the question - why is the King/Madison site proceeding so differently?
(07-25-2024, 07:00 PM)ac3r Wrote: Well how else are you gonna milk the contractual and overtime pay? Lolz. While I realize Drewlo isn't a scam per se...they're also a scam. It's astonishing how long they've spent working on this trash lmao. It's been AN ENTIRE DECADE since this grift started haha and they aren't even halfway done it's actually kinda impressive they get away with this.

Drewlo purchased the land in 2016. Demolition in 2017. Construction started in 2018, six years ago.
(07-25-2024, 07:00 PM)ac3r Wrote: Well how else are you gonna milk the contractual and overtime pay? Lolz. While I realize Drewlo isn't a scam per se...they're also a scam. It's astonishing how long they've spent working on this trash lmao. It's been AN ENTIRE DECADE since this grift started haha and they aren't even halfway done it's actually kinda impressive they get away with this.

What's the scam though and who is being scammed? And what are they "getting away with"?  This is a private company moving exceedingly slow and thereby losing out on profits for its shareholders by failing to complete construction and get tenants into its units. I think the entire company is family-owned and they're mostly using their own construction crew so I really don't see who is being scammed. If anything, it really just throws a wrench in the whole notion of "look how efficient private enterprise is".
Any picture updates here?
Didn't take a picture, but they've got a colourful glass menagerie installed at the corner of Charles and Madison.

Good or bad ?
(08-28-2024, 09:03 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Good or bad ?

It suits the building LOL
(08-28-2024, 09:45 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote:
(08-28-2024, 09:03 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Good or bad ?

It suits the building LOL

Nuff said !!
Here's a picture of the colorful corner, the picture doesn't do it justice to how bad it is in  person. 

That is breathtakingly bad. 

[Image: 1675267304658_vertikal-5-Web.jpg]
Hahahaha this is actually comical, so glad I don't live near this piece of garbage.

Ooh they’re taking a weird shiny dated design page from the Gaslight project, an unexpected twist
local cambridge weirdo
Yeah it looks really bad in real life. When I first saw it I was really confused what it even was...

Thanks cherrypark for reposting that render, it gives some idea as to what they were going for but my oh my they failed hard
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »