Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
30-40 Margaret Ave | 3 fl townhouses | Planned
(10-28-2019, 08:19 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 06:49 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The elusvie downsizing Boomers and mid to upper-level tech folk, plus assorted younger downtown professionals.  Perhaps a couple of elite types looking for a pied-a-terre "back home" in Kitchener.  Add in a sprinkle of Torontonians working or able to commute from K-W.   Not sure that sells 340 apartments, but it's a start.

They only need to sell 236. Smile  The buyer demographic for the larger units will probably be much like that for Arrow Lofts, and then they have a whole lot more smaller units than Arrow does.

Man, was my math bad!!!

Floor plans and price list are now both posted (They didn't seem to be a couple days ago): http://avenuemcondos.com/
Better asking prices than I might have expected. Surprising how much hallway and vestibule space some of the smaller units have.
The information on this website http://avenuemcondos.com/ is quite informative and they have posted all the floor plans and pricelist too. When is the closing for these units any idea.
(10-29-2019, 11:32 AM)mdsahota Wrote: The information on this website http://avenuemcondos.com/ is quite informative and they have posted all the floor plans and pricelist too. When is the closing for these units any idea.

August 2022 for the first building and January 2023 for the second. Three years, give or take.
They'll have to get going on construction ASAP then
I was just going thru' Condo fees in the pricelist tab and see parking licence fee of $39.95 whereas on the worksheet it says it is included in purchase price. same as for locker. Can you please dig into that. http://avenuemcondos.com/

(10-30-2019, 10:07 AM)mdsahota Wrote: I was just going thru' Condo fees in the pricelist tab and see parking licence fee of $39.95 whereas on the worksheet it says it is included in purchase price. same as for locker. Can you please dig into that. http://avenuemcondos.com/

They include one parking space with each unit. I think there are roughly 1.1 spaces per unit, so very few second spaces. Apparently they will give buyers the option to decline parking. An extra space costs $40K, I don't know whether you get that same amount back if you were to decline parking.

On an ongoing basis, they separated the garage maintenance costs from the residential areas, so only people with parking spaces will pay for garage maintenance ($40/space).

Their projected condo fee is $0.53/sqft. Includes a concierge and Internet access, but does not include water, which is submetered individually for each unit.
A couple of images I dont think had been posted:

Unsure if this was discussed, what demographic of folks can one anticipate as end user here?
(11-04-2019, 02:43 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Unsure if this was discussed, what demographic of folks can one anticipate as end user here?

It's bound to be a mix, 600 sqft rentals and 1400 sqft purchase units are not going to attract the same type of buyer.
In terms of the area, is this a desirable place to live?
(11-05-2019, 02:54 PM)Momo26 Wrote: In terms of the area, is this a desirable place to live?

Very.

(11-05-2019, 03:06 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:54 PM)Momo26 Wrote: In terms of the area, is this a desirable place to live?

Very.

This is a great neighbourhood. Close to downtown but just far enough away you don't realize it. It's a very picturesque with lots of old houses, trees and parks. Close to major streets and public transit, but also very quiet.
(11-05-2019, 09:17 PM)BruceAshe Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 03:06 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Very.

This is a great neighbourhood. Close to downtown but just far enough away you don't realize it. It's a very picturesque with lots of old houses, trees and parks. Close to major streets and public transit, but also very quiet.

Also minutes walk to the KPL, CITS, Registry Theatre, and KWAG.  Only real downside, as with all DTK, is the schlep to a decent supermarket.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »