Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
663 Victoria Street South
(04-07-2020, 05:41 PM)white_brian Wrote: Game on, they are back on. Crane was working today
I haven't been by in a while is it a tower crane or mobile crane?

A mobile crane
2nd floor done third level floor going up now
This unremarkable building at 663 Victoria Street South is on the seventh floor.

One wonders what's up with the small windows on the front of the building?
It gives you that penitentiary vibe but the minimum security type due to the balconies lol
(07-09-2020, 12:06 PM)white_brian Wrote: It gives you that penitentiary vibe but the minimum security type due to the balconies lol

That was my 1st thought too …. although I see the "Balconies" are glassed in, so I guess there is still hope for the Kitchener South Detention Centre.

Coke

Trying how to figure out the roughly 13 units per floor.
Maybe that's where the bathroom is? Not a great look for the street-facing side of a building.
Yikes. That's brutal looking.
(07-09-2020, 04:06 PM)jamincan Wrote: Maybe that's where the bathroom is? Not a great look for the street-facing side of a building.

It would be an odd floor plan that had the bathrooms facing the front of the building.  In fact, in a small apartment, it would seem to me to be odd to waste a window on a bathroom.  That said, bathroom window seems as good an explanation as any.
Maybe it's a stairwell? The ground floor window looks like it might be a door? Seems weird that the right side would have a stairwell too.
(07-10-2020, 02:03 PM)clasher Wrote: Maybe it's a stairwell? The ground floor window looks like it might be a door? Seems weird that the right side would have a stairwell too.

Need to have two sets of exit stairs for emergency egress.

Those are generally front and back, for maximum coverage. Doesn't make sense to put them side by stide.
(07-10-2020, 03:36 PM)KevinL Wrote: Those are generally front and back, for maximum coverage. Doesn't make sense to put them side by stide.

Generally they are, yes. But I don't know what the specific fire code requirements are. This might be acceptable, too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »