Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Barrel Yards | 25 fl | U/C
So there is one more to mirror this and then a 10 story building behind the Delta. Anyone heard what their plan was for the corner. It was supposed to a podium with two officer towers but I think they canceled that over the last few years

(06-11-2020, 07:33 PM)Spokes Wrote: This one has felt slow, no?

I think by far this was one of the largest projects ever in Waterloo, and perhaps the region. It's huge. Not sure what the total value was, but 100's of millions likely.
(06-11-2020, 07:33 PM)Spokes Wrote: This one has felt slow, no?

I feel like the first few floors were pretty slow, but they've been making good progress on the tower.
(06-11-2020, 08:12 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Lots of rental units in this complex eh

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe exclusively rentals thus far
Yes. They were talking about doing some condos originally, but appear to have decided to do strictly rentals -- which is really Auburn's business model.
Yep I knew about the exclusively for-rent model...just meant there is a lot in a concentrated spot!

What street is that?
(09-30-2020, 09:13 PM)Momo26 Wrote: What street is that?
Erb.
wow what a hideous facade, looks like a student building from King St north
(10-09-2020, 07:45 PM)urbd Wrote: wow what a hideous facade, looks like a student building from King St north

One can hope that when auburn does the Schneider's site it'll be better.
(10-09-2020, 07:45 PM)urbd Wrote: wow what a hideous facade, looks like a student building from King St north

Not as bad as the student housing. Now keep in mind, this project started over a decade ago, and what looked good back then, doesn't look all that great today.
(10-09-2020, 08:26 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:

One can hope that when auburn does the Schneider's site it'll be better.

Good one.

(10-11-2020, 10:27 AM)ac3r Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 08:26 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: One can hope that when auburn does the Schneider's site it'll be better.

Good one.
Well, one lives in hope ...

Admittedly it's the back of the building, not the front.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »