Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Scott (59-65 Weber E) | 11 fl | Complete
Wow some of these floor plans are strange. Matthew North could have fun fixing those up: https://www.instagram.com/matthew.north/

(10-11-2020, 08:28 AM)jeffster Wrote: It does seem to have a window, but viewing is into dining room. I guess they’d argue if one access is blocked (the door) then the window into the dining room can be used. It’s really odd and I have never seen anything like this.

I think the only odd part is doing it in a 2 bedroom. It's been done before locally, though normally in a 1 bedroom, and definitely seen it in Toronto.

Some of the tiny Charlie West 1 bedroom units have the bedroom at the back of the unit, with a window to the living/dining/kitchen, and then the living room is up front at the windows. In a tiny layout, with very little exterior wall, it makes sense IMO. I'd rather have windows in the room I spend time in when it's light out, and there's no privacy issue for the bedroom in a 1 bedroom.

Doing it in a two bedroom is pretty unusual though. I feel like maybe they were originally thinking a 1bd + den, but then wanted to make it a legal bedroom too.
I wonder if the door to a “cheater” ensuite could count as a 2nd exit.
Focus is now on the interior work.

I'm quite surprised how decent this turned out for being so modest in design and material. It's simple but in a good way.
(11-30-2020, 12:45 PM)ac3r Wrote: I'm quite surprised how decent this turned out for being so modest in design and material. It's simple but in a good way.

This time I do agree with you. Smile
I agree that it looks nice, though it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what is different about it than many other similar structures. I feel like it could just as easily have turned out ugly.

It's a W - at least from the outside - so I'll take it! Which corner is this exactly?
(12-01-2020, 12:19 PM)Momo26 Wrote: It's a W - at least from the outside - so I'll take it! Which corner is this exactly?

Kitchener: Southeast

Rest of the Region: Southwest

(Kitty corner to Galleria)

Coke
(12-01-2020, 12:19 PM)Momo26 Wrote: It's a W - at least from the outside - so I'll take it! Which corner is this exactly?

Weber and Scott, right across from the new courthouse: https://goo.gl/maps/R2vPKWo3ZaVd9ucQ7
(11-30-2020, 12:45 PM)ac3r Wrote: I'm quite surprised how decent this turned out for being so modest in design and material. It's simple but in a good way.
Turns out you can design a nice looking rental apartment. Maybe Auburn and Drewlo should take note.
And my guess is prices will still be in line with the rest of the market
(12-02-2020, 01:34 PM)Spokes Wrote: And my guess is prices will still be in line with the rest of the market
Guess?  Any reason why they wouldn’t be?

Are people now moving in?

Edit:  I mean The Scott across the street.
Maybe. Things aren't quite 100% complete yet (see photos) but the doors and fob readers are installed. The intercom is there but only has G&A Lock listed so far. Smile

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »