Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WRC is kind becoming outdated but we can fix it
I agree, social media would help direct a lot of traffic here. It does. I just couldn't keep up with it to be honest. Without getting into too many details, I've gone through some personal crises and haven't had the time that I've had in the past. Social media was the first thing to fall. That being said Jeffster has stepped up and offered to help promote via Twitter so that's something that's going to change.

I'm intrigued by the notion of the home page being the forum page rather than the portal. Looking for more thoughts and opinions on this idea.

There's definitely a balance to be had here between keeping things organized and letting the discussion go on its own. I think historically the mod team has done a good job of moving posts to appropriate threads if needed.

The forum issue like you said, is simply a byproduct of a dated genre of software, but I agree, for what we've got here, it works. Like I said, if there's a theme or platform that is head and shoulders above the rest I'm open to it but it's a lot of time that needs to go into it and so it's got to be worth it. By a fairly significant margin.

You mentioned a WRC Wiki, that's in the works.

That being said, I appreciate everyone's feedback.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: WRC is kind becoming outdated but we can fix it - by Spokes - 01-13-2022, 07:34 PM