Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WRC is kind becoming outdated but we can fix it
Hey guys, like Tom said, the front page can be a work in progress, but it requires content that is worthy of going up on there. What would you like to see on the front page?

Theme: I'm open to changing things up. This was a solution to get things responsive and better served on mobile devices. We'd talked about a xenforo migration but that's a BIG task. One that frankly I don't have the time for right now. So if someone wants to look around for a better theme, I'm open to suggestions. But it's not a matter of slapping a new theme in place. There are many hours of customization that go into it.

Twitter: I've almost deleted the twitter account a number of times. It's so time consuming.

All of these things require A LOT OF TIME. Right now the site has a few people who commit various amounts of time and i really appreciate the time that they put in both in moderation and behind the scenes. But I also respect that they have lives. They have full time jobs. They have families. I don't pay them. I have no expectations of their time and commitment. I love and appreciate every ounce of energy they put into this site. The same goes for me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: WRC is kind becoming outdated but we can fix it - by Spokes - 01-02-2022, 10:17 PM