Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WRC is kind becoming outdated but we can fix it
(01-02-2022, 05:22 PM)jeffster Wrote: Problem is that many topics go 'off topic' quickly. Example, we can't talk about Highway 7 to Guelph without the usual anti-car folks demanding that everyone walks, bikes or take transit to work/recreation/friends or whatever instead.  Many topics also become political when they shouldn't.

I also agree that the front page needs to be updated more often.

Overall, though, I find this site to be good. An interface update, though, would be great.

One thing to keep in mind, though I might be wrong, is that there are no paid positions here. The site can be 'free' or premium, with the major difference being ad support and picture allotment. That limits how good this site can become. I haven't checked out Urban Toronto, though I am aware that they do have discussions over there about K-C-W, but you should still get a better feed here.

What would be nice is if we did have some people, either elected officials, or those working for the city/region to chime in officially once in a while. We did have one politician here for a bit, but I think he was run out of town (this site) if you know what I mean.

You on the other hand, NEVER made extreme statements, mischaracterizations, or other bad faith statements.

But even so, I disagree that transit to Guelph is off topic for a transportation project to Guelph.

Yes, a City of Kitchener council member was on here for a while, he didn't particularly like the facts about sidewalk clearing, it was only reality which ran him out of town.

I like the community that exists here, I'd be happy to see more people join it, but scale absolutely brings challenges. I think one must have a goal in mind, growth for growth's sake is for VCs in Silicon Valley.

As for it being outdated, it certainly looks outdated, no question there, but it has ever since I joined the site years ago. It doesn't really bother me, and I lack the skills, time, and money to help those selfless individuals who are actually running the site (for free I might add), to invest in making it prettier.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: WRC is kind becoming outdated but we can fix it - by danbrotherston - 01-02-2022, 08:45 PM