Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
22 Weber Street West | 15 fl | Proposed
(09-20-2021, 05:49 PM)Archetype Wrote: These articles enrage me. How much of incredulous, self-absorbed boomer do you have to be to think that 19 stories on Weber St RIGHT DOWNTOWN is somehow unwarranted? Newsflash Gramps, you live downtown in the 10th biggest metro in one of the richest countries on earth. What in the absolute F do you expect?!?

I will pay you to shout this out at every public meeting for every tower within the 1,368.92 km2 area of Waterloo Region when it comes to developments hahah.

I hate having to work here because of this BS. While the majority of my architectural work is in Toronto, we don't take NIMBY objections seriously there...not in a bad way, but we're pragmatists/realists. But here? All it takes is two or three dozen bored old people, a shit blog and some lawn signs to stall a development for months. It's absolutely ridiculous but at the same time, I place half the blame on people who don't bother to object to NIMBYs. Or, you know, extremely rich white individuals living in a "historic" neighbourhood complaining that "buildings are too tall" in order to keep "certain people out" of their fantastical, "Olde Berlin" neighbourhoods.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
22 Weber Street West | 15 fl | Proposed - by CP42 - 09-17-2021, 12:35 PM
RE: 22 Weber Street West | 15 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 09-20-2021, 06:27 PM