Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1157, 1175 Weber Street East | 17 + 19 fl | Proposed
(08-25-2021, 11:27 AM)neonjoe Wrote: Good location for densification. I know at one time there was a sign up on Victoria near Weston's for a future home for Crosby VW. I didn't see it last time I was down that way, but if the entire dealership could be incorporated into this development it would be great. Theres decent services for residents in the area such a Shoppers, Fresh-co and the Beer Store... everything you need lol.

This stretch of Weber has a lot of options or development. Just up the street across from Sunnyside Public School, there is an old foundation hole beside an existing building that I can only assume was once dug for another building in the 1970s, but which has never been used. Near Zehrs, there is a plot of land on "Old" King Street and Kinzie Ave that is mostly an empty lot save for a little house that an autobody shop runs out of. It's a bit tucked away, but you could still fill a little development there too. Further up the street, there are a few empty plots on Weber, sandwiched between the cul-de-sacs of Wilfred and Ross Ave. I think there used to be more houses there (if I remember correctly, one started sinking), but only 1 remains. It's a good size of land to build a small residential building.

There is already some work done nearby which is slowly changing this neighbourhood. Hush Condos (I think that was the name?) built a couple nice mid rise condos and some row houses on some of the old bible school property and next to Zehrs. There is that massive Elevate Condo project going up with 4 towers. Just across the bridge is 55 Franklin Street, which are four 6 floor affordable housing buildings that have been proposed. It's a weird part of the city because the highway runs right through there, but it could be fixed up a bit with some new buildings. The 7 and 8 bus routes still offer a stable transit route into the core of the city and to the Fairway terminus so it doesn't feel totally isolated.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1157 Weber Street East | 18 + 15 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 08-25-2021, 11:52 AM