Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
13 prescriptions for our cities
(11-15-2020, 04:19 PM)plam Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:01 PM)tomh009 Wrote: * More free, municipally-maintained public toilets

NZ is extremely good with providing public toilets and this is really useful even as a person with no special needs. I can be confident that when I go somewhere in public there will be a city-maintained toilet accessible not too far away. Downtown Wellington is a bit less good (there are some but not as many) and during lockdown they closed many of them, but overall, far better than Canada.

From what I saw of Beijing, also very good with public toilets.

Montreal had city-built public toilets during the Depression but they went away unfortunately.

Some European cities are very good for that as well -- and Tokyo has many in their numerous parks (but not much in super-dense urban areas like Ginza).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
13 prescriptions for our cities - by tomh009 - 11-15-2020, 02:12 PM
RE: 13 prescriptions for our cities - by tomh009 - 11-15-2020, 04:01 PM
RE: 13 prescriptions for our cities - by plam - 11-15-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: 13 prescriptions for our cities - by tomh009 - 11-15-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: 13 prescriptions for our cities - by tomh009 - 11-16-2020, 10:12 AM
RE: 13 prescriptions for our cities - by plam - 02-05-2021, 07:39 PM