Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FutureShop- All Stores Closed Immediately
(05-20-2015, 12:59 PM)Canard Wrote: I don't like when American stuff takes over Canadian stuff.

And I don't like the USurpation of the name "American." All of us who live in north, central and south America are "Americans" -- not just the minority who inhabit the United States -- and should have equal claim to that name, i.e. in reference to those who live in the western hemisphere regardless of nationality.

But I'm also realistic and so I've gotten over it. This malpractice isn't going to change any time soon. It's not worth raising my blood pressure over it. 

As for Future Shop specifically, I don't understand the hand-wringing over the recent consolidation. Best Buy bought FS at least a decade ago when the founding family sold them the chain. That would have been the time to raise objections to and lamentations over foreign ownership. That would have been the time to boycott BB/FS or whatever. But all that, if it ever made sense, is a bit late now. 

In any case retailing is undergoing dramatic change, especially in areas like consumer electronics. BB has been steadily downsizing in its home market in the US. So have many other retailers. What would have been truly odd is if BB didn't follow suit in Canada.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: FutureShop- All Stores Closed Immediately - by ookpik - 05-20-2015, 01:45 PM