Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manulife (King Centre) redevelopment project
(06-04-2019, 03:55 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 12:07 PM)TMKM94 Wrote: Maybe it could become a Mall again LOL? It's Probably wishful thinking for Market Square or King Center to become a successful Mall again even with all the new Residential buildings and Offices being built.

I could see the main floor off King St being a mall - haven't there always been businesses in there?

Coffee Time has been there for a very long time and is the only third-party business there at present. There is some space that could be converted, until you get to the secure access door to the core building, but everything other than Coffee Time and their old location is currently in use by Manulife (behind doors that can only be opened with security passes). There's somewhere approaching the amount of floor space that could readily be converted to publicly accessible spaces as there is in the short hallway in Fairview Mall that bisects the main triangle.

That feels like a very poor description, I'm sorry for that and I hope it is enough.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manulife (King Centre) redevelopment project - by robdrimmie - 06-04-2019, 04:09 PM
RE: Manulife Development Project - by robdrimmie - 05-21-2019, 02:54 PM