Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pearson Transit Hub
(02-07-2017, 11:42 AM)Markster Wrote: This is a pie-in-the-sky vision.... construction wouldn't start for over 15 years at least, and I don't expect to see anything like this be the actual design in the end.

Absolutely long-term, but I wouldn't call it "pie in the sky".  GTAA does long-term strategic planning; the current master plan runs from 2008 to 2030, and I would expect to see an update of that plan relatively soon, running out to 2040 or so.

The big difference with, say, a Waterloo Region master plan is that GTAA is in control.  It not only owns most of the land in question, it funds the development and does the construction, without a dependency on getting private developers on board.  So once they zero in on a plan, it has a high probability of actually getting implemented.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Pearson Transit Hub - by plam - 02-07-2017, 11:14 AM
RE: Pearson Transit Hub - by KevinL - 02-07-2017, 11:19 AM
RE: Pearson Transit Hub - by Markster - 02-07-2017, 11:42 AM
RE: Pearson Transit Hub - by tomh009 - 02-07-2017, 12:48 PM
RE: Pearson Transit Hub - by KevinL - 02-07-2017, 11:55 AM
RE: Pearson Transit Hub - by KevinL - 02-08-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: Pearson Transit Hub - by Drake - 04-04-2017, 06:39 PM