Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member - Introduction and thanks!
(05-19-2016, 01:03 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 12:48 PM)Andy Wrote: Thank you for linking this so I don't have to! It's amazing this myth goes on.

Note, the city of Waterloo will still be collecting more taxes per household, because the value price of the houses are higher. So you pay less taxes in Waterloo (assuming equal value), but the city collects more, in comparison to Kitchener. There are some areas of Waterloo where house prices are the same as Kitchener,  most things comparable, so it pays to know this.

Fixed that for you zanate.  Smile

Don’t be so sure. I think A price is the amount of money for which something is offered to be purchased or sold, or the amount for which it was or is agreed to be purchased or sold. A house that is not on the market does not have a price. For tax purposes, however, all properties have a value assessed. Similarly, my computer does not have a price. It had a price when I bought it, and if I sell it when I’m done with it it will again have a price — first my asking price, later the price at which it is actually sold.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Member - Introduction and thanks! - by ijmorlan - 05-20-2016, 09:50 AM