Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Circa 1877 (née Brick Brewery) | 20 fl | Complete
(05-11-2016, 10:07 AM)eizenstriet Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 09:27 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Wait, what was said by them?

I don't want to put words in their mouths, as I am giving a precis of what was spoken at some length.

It was not surprising that the Catalina Townhouse people were concerned on various fronts.

The representative from The Red was apparently a resident, and was quietly supported by a group of accompanying people. I would say the core of the objection was the extreme lot coverage. Both street frontages (King and Caroline) were being treated as "front yards", and were meager, and sideyards were practically non-existent. Significant density exemptions were being sought, and the impact was viewed as heavy, perhaps moreover from a precedent viewpoint on that stretch. Shadow and wind tunnel effects were mentioned, as was the problematic nature of ancillary uses with no surface parking.

The speaker from The Bauer Lofts was their property manager, and there were a lot of nodding people behind him. He cryptically referred to a (group?) objecting email which would have been received by Council members, and withdrew from the field. This was accompanied by nods of assent. I suspect more will be heard at a later date.

That seems bizarre.  Who manages the Bauer building?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 181 King St S - by Spokes - 10-01-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: 181 King St S - by The85 - 02-14-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: 181 King St S: Brick Brewing Redevelopment - by panamaniac - 05-11-2016, 06:12 PM