Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
(06-17-2024, 02:39 PM)Vojnik_Vahaj Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 05:02 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: If I built Virerra Village, Fairview Mall, and the LRT, then you could get from Virerra Village to Fairview Mall without going outside. But both areas would also be better for walking outside.

I don't mean any offence but are you agoraphobic or something? Being outside is vastly healthier and yea sure it rains sometimea and its cold in the winter, but thats what the ION and other public transit is for.

“But both areas would also be better for walking outside”

In other words, right in my message (not to mention in other things I write) I promote the availability of good outdoor walking connections. But what’s so great about getting snowed on when I’m just trying to get somewhere? Build the LRT station into Fairview Mall and into Virerra Village and give people the option of staying out of the weather if they want to. But also build regular outdoor pedestrian paths along both sides of the LRT and provide appropriate crossings of the line to make life easy for everybody walking.

Similarly, the Conestoga Mall, University of Waterloo, Waterloo Public Square, and Central Station locations are all obvious locations to give transit users a weather-protected connection to immediate neighbours of the station. Of course, don’t do it by building lots of extra single-purpose shelter structure; do it by integrating the LRT directly into the building. But also connect directly to outdoor paths because those are useful and necessary too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - by ijmorlan - 06-25-2024, 08:21 PM