Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
236 Victoria St N | 40 & 35 fl | Proposed
(02-14-2024, 11:30 AM)cherrypark Wrote: Given the time that GRR has been in the community, it really seems like the correct lesson from all of this for them is finding a partner with some capital to buy and own the land they are on. That, or they need a better real estate agent / lawyer who can find them a space with term and consideration for the kind of leasehold improvements that a climbing gym requires.

Count me in on feeling bad for twice displacing a well liked community recreation hub and locally owned business, but there is nothing about that LA Fitness building and the sea of parking around it that is making good use of a central land ready for housing.

I never really find private amenities in condos actually big enough to be useful, it's always some tiny version of the thing you actually want (pools, fitness centres).

I did mention to the owners 10 years ago that they really need to own their land. It is a lot of capital to tie up, but it also prevents being sold out, which is more of an issue now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 236 Victoria St N | 40 & 35 fl | Proposed - by plam - 02-14-2024, 05:55 PM