Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Housing shortfall, costs and affordability
(05-11-2023, 04:45 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 10:43 PM)KevinL Wrote: Toronto is allowing duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes anywhere that is currently zoned single-family. Hopefully more cities follow suit.

Super awesome! How can we push the Kitchener council to at least debate this?

Vote in a new council.

Like...honestly...many on council are strong NIMBYs and there seems to be little motivation to change this. I think the compromise they reached was laneway houses, which I understand are allowed now. But we've gone through zoning exercises and besides being highly esoteric and technical, my understanding was that they actually limited height even further (height was limited to the AVERAGE of surrounding buildings, which forces heights to trend down), and nobody was even willing to confront that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Housing shortfall, costs and affordability - by danbrotherston - 05-24-2023, 07:11 AM