Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2934 King St E | 11 fl | Proposed
We're really trying our best to run Pizza Hut out of town, huh?

That said, I'm glad to see this infill! I hope that all these new additions to this stretch of Weber/King will create demand for a nicer streetscape and better transit options in this neighbourhood. I like that they're using the weird-shaped lot to make a little plaza area with a fun circle outbuilding, and that they're closing off King St access (to have one fewer conflict point along the road). And some 2B+D and 3B units!

Seriously though, I don't know why architects aren't putting bike storage on the main floor instead of underground with the cars. Having to haul a bike up an elevator every time you want to use it creates so much friction. I think the only workaround I've seen that made some sense was the proposed building on Ottawa (between Weber and King) where the bike storage is underground but has a dedicated bike ramp that goes directly outside for easier accessibility.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
2934 King St E | 11 fl | Proposed - by ZEBuilder - 05-17-2023, 11:43 AM
RE: 2934 King St E | 11 fl | Proposed - by SF22 - 05-17-2023, 12:28 PM
RE: 2934 King St E | 11 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 05-19-2023, 09:12 PM
RE: 2934 King St E | 11 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 05-18-2023, 01:24 PM
RE: 2934 King St E | 11 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 04-18-2024, 03:12 PM
RE: 2934 King St E | 11 fl | Proposed - by nms - 04-19-2024, 06:37 AM