Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Borden Ave S | 51, 57 fl | Proposed
(05-12-2023, 12:00 PM)Icherrypark Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 10:23 AM)westwardloo Wrote: I mean it is real enough for Grand River Rocks to be moving in a couple months. (Hopefully they aren't moving to the outskirts of town) I would guess that it won't be the full 57 flrs, but that something around the 40-45 flrs is likely. Still tall for the region. The area around Borden station is one of the best areas in the region suited for intensification. Mostly surrounded by industrial buildings so there won't be much NIMBY push back. I just hope the City of Kitchener holds developers to their PARTS masterplan for the neighbourhood including the addition grid street layout to breakup the block sizes and an area dedicated for a decent sized urban park.

Big emphasis on making space for more parkland. Density is what it is and best at these nodes but we will regret letting more of the city get to the shortage of green space downtown when there is the chance to force securing it now.

IMO, the City should have started acquiring properties years ago in the the block that B&T is currently in.  It could have become a first rate public square.  Too late now, unfortunately.p

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50 Borden Ave S | 51, 57 fl | Proposed - by panamaniac - 05-12-2023, 05:03 PM