Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1668 King Street East | 22+23 fl | Proposed
(10-03-2022, 03:00 PM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 08:24 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: The idea seems to be assuming that developers are pulling a fast one if they exceed current zoning and that they need to pay for doing so, when in many cases current zoning is absurdly restrictive and we should be encouraging developers to exceed it. Of course as stated that’s silly: you don’t make it hard to do something and then encourage people to do it; if it’s desirable, just make it easy.

Exactly, such an approach just discourages much needed market rate development.

I don't understand why we were so quick to push this public burden on to private developers. If we need income geared housing, it seems to me it would be much more effective to demand our government just build the damn housing.

I think if people were presented with the bill for building just 1 modern day unit, they would never ever agree to it in 2022.
local cambridge weirdo
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1668 King Street East | 24+25 fl | Proposed - by bravado - 10-03-2022, 07:32 PM